Worried! iPhone security whizzes - please help!

Dei_13

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys - I'll keep this brief. My iPhone 4s was stolen. It was not jailbroken and had a passoword with a 1-minute lock and auto-wipe after 10x enabled. I have pending orders to wipe it both from exchange through my work and iCloud. Both pending as phone has not been detected.

Basic question - like most people, I had a lot of personal info on that phone. Give it to me straight - with physical access to the phone, how easy is it to bypass password and get into contacts, pictures, notes.... all that good stuff.

Any insights would be appreciated. By the way ... I'm not interested in *how or looking to find out details.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
If someone was determined to find suck the personal data out, it's not that hard - but they would have to know what they were doing.

Fortunately, someone who knows what they're doing isn't going to want to power up the phone long enough for Find My IPhone to do its job. They would pull the sim out and reinstall the firmware to make it "safe" to use again.

Your only real danger, as far as I would be worried, would be if it was stolen by someone you know who has decided that the risk involved in trying to preserve and access your personal data is worth getting arrested - or if you're famous...