Who uses the Search iPhone screen and what do you use it for? I don't have any problems finding whatever I need or us and I just as soon shut it off. So my next question is does anyone know how to make the screen go away (not permantly, just turn it off)?

02-15-2012 07:26 PM
    You can not turn it off with stock iOS. I use a jailbroken tweak called NoSpot. With NoSpot installed, spotlight will not appear on your device at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    02-16-2012 08:21 AM
    i didnt think there was a way to turn this off, but if there was i'd be leaving mine ON. I use it all the time. Seriously. When ever i need to call someone, i grab the search and just type the first few letters of the contact name, and !bam! up come my matches, i choose and tap the one i want. done
    reltm likes this.
    02-16-2012 08:35 AM
    ^ For calls, I simply hold the home button and say "call xxxxx", Siri calls the number of the contact immediately unless there are two numbers for that contract in which case I just say or tap on home, wireless, work, ect....

zstairlessone likes this.
    02-16-2012 09:25 AM
    ^ For calls, I simply hold the home button and say "call xxxxx", Siri calls the number of the contact immediately unless there are two numbers for that contract in which case I just say or tap on home, wireless, work, ect....

Your absolutely right Rose. But for what ever reason, I guess I'm just so 'old school' that I don't even think of using that feature as silly as that sounds. Honestly overall, I don't use Siri as much as I used to any more. on my previous cell phs & bb's i was so used to not having it and I guess the habit just carries on so to speak.
    02-16-2012 10:17 AM
    As far as I know, it is a default option. Furthermore, I do not think that there is any need for you to turn it off, Motorbones. You simply have to use it whenever you have to (I hope this helps).
    02-17-2012 12:30 AM
    I use the search to find emails. I have two email accounts on my phone and it helps me find emails faster. I use it to look up contacts sometimes too.
    reltm likes this.
    02-26-2012 10:17 PM
    Does that search screen even keep deleted items and if so how do you delete the data?
    02-28-2012 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD