Settings app - Has it ever crashed on you?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Lately my "settings" apps seems to crash 2-3 times a day while I am in there on my 4S. Could be to turn wifi on or off, checking usage stats, or just opening it up period. I don't ever recall it doing this ever but just noticed the past couple of weeks. I am on iOS 5.0.1 and not JB. if yours ever crashes, please tell me and how often.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Garz, have you dwld'd any new apps lately that could possibly not be playing nice? just a thought.

I've never had the issue your seeing either.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Lately my "settings" apps seems to crash 2-3 times a day while I am in there on my 4S. Could be to turn wifi on or off, checking usage stats, or just opening it up period. I don't ever recall it doing this ever but just noticed the past couple of weeks. I am on iOS 5.0.1 and not JB. if yours ever crashes, please tell me and how often.

That's really odd. I've never personally seen that let alone hear of that happening.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That's really odd. I've never personally seen that let alone hear of that happening.

Yeah same here. I set appt for genius bar tonight right after work. I know they can run diagnostics. Hoping they can get a crash report from it and give me a idea on the cause. If Apple is no help, I may restore and set up as new. I can't see how this would be a hardware issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
wow, very strange !! i hope you get it resolved.

have you tried a restore?

I have restored but did not set up as new. Don't want to lose all my Angry Birds data. :eek::):p But I may if Genius Bar can't figure it out.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Garz, mine has done this about two times in the past couple weeks. Didn't know it was an unusual occurrence until I saw this thread. Restoring as new tonight and GB appt tomorrow after work (for various other reasons). What a PITA! :(

Edit: restore as new w/iCloud backup has noticeably helped my battery drain. With all apps dl'ing it's barely moving, whereas before, just typing this much would take about 5%.

Last edited:

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine has crashed once, just a few days ago. Going to have it checked out since I need to take my iPad 2 in for some major troubleshooting!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Mine has crashed before. Lately though scrolling through when changing wallpapers is always choppy and laggy the first time.

I did have the message app crash the springboard 2 weeks ago.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Went to Genius Bar last night. They had me change some settings around. I am at work right now so I cant get into detail but it has helped. I will post back on this thread tonight and explain further what I changed around.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ Hopefully those settings that they gave you continue to work. That is odd, as I have never had that happen on any of my iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is what the genius guy recommended. First, I had "Notes" set up to sync under 4 email accounts. He had me copy/paste all of my notes to the iCloud notes.Then under email in "Settings", I had the 4 email accounts set up. He recommended turning off calendars and notes for all email accounts that I did not need them for. I only needed it for iCloud now. He said I probably had too much syncing going along from 4 email accounts which was causing the freeze up and crashes. Last, he had me rest my settings. Not a full erase or network settings but just the regular settings. Thats would erase any kind of hiccups I had going on. The settings reset may have cleared it without doing the rest but I figured better safe than sorry. So far *knocks on wood* no more settings app crashes. If it somehow continues, I'll have to restore as new. Trying to avoid that as I don't want to lose all of my Angry Birds data. :eek:

Reactions: Dsgcobra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2