so my iphone has been acting so strange the last couple days. it was being all slow and none of my emails would come in, safari wouldn't work kept saying will not load ect... so i restarted my phone and then all of a sudden when i turned it off and on 5 voice mails showed up form previous days. dunno what was going on. Then today i traveled and turned my phone on and off from air plane mode and about 45 mins after i landed i went to pull up my text messages and nothing showed up. the screen was blank whote and wouldnt show any of my texts so again i had to restart it and then its working again. anyone have any ideas about what could be going on or heard of this? thanks
    02-13-2012 08:34 PM
    Not one person knows or has any suggestions? Ha
    02-14-2012 12:20 AM
    Is it Jailbroken? Carrier? Try a restore. If that doesn't help, I would suggest trying a new sim if you're on AT&T. If none of the above works, make an appt with the Genius Bar and get a replacement. They might be able to check for a sim issue while you're there. (Sim only applies to AT&T)
    02-14-2012 01:13 AM
    Close all apps in the background, Soft reset, restoring, and if that doesn't work a genius bar appt with apple
    02-14-2012 09:16 AM
    i have verizon and it is not jail broken. the phone is working fine now. i just dont know why some random times it has weird hick ups and stumbles a little bit. its been fine for about 12 hours now. maybe it was just a bug?
    02-14-2012 03:35 PM
    I've had my iPhone 4S (Verizon) since October and I've yet to experience anything like that. I suggest that you reset and restore it as new. Either that or take it to a nearby Apple Store and have one of the geniuses look at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-14-2012 04:39 PM
    There is a lot of stuff going on in the background, as much if not more than any desktop computer. Every once in a while, a process will hang or some other glitch will occur. Every once in a while, you might have to restart it.

If the phone is jailbroken, there can be even more things happening.

I was looking at my syslog file yesterday and saw that an Apple service was hanging and restarting every five seconds. I didn't notice any performance problem, but this wifi-related process was constantly crashing. Since the service that was crashing was part of the built-in wifi hotspot (which I don't use) I just disabled it.
    02-14-2012 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD