Am I the only one who has this problem? My iPhone 4S (otherwise excellent!) doesn't let me focus close-up properly - when I try and take a picture of a book page, for instance, the square blue flashing box comes up and the camera doesn't focus sharply. Long shots are fine. Would a complete restore cure this?
    Hope someone can help, don't want to have to take my phone back and be without it for a while.
    Thanks
    Alistair
    02-11-2012 06:38 AM
    I don't have any issues with the camera and focusing. I'm not sure how close you are holding the camera from the object but it can't be too close or it will not focus. So I'm guessing you are just too close to the subject.
    02-11-2012 11:44 AM
    No, even if I try and focus about 6 inches away from the subject, the camera doesn't focus sharply. Have booked a Genius appointment for Saturday, so hopefully, things will get sorted there.
    Thanks anyway
    Alistair
    02-12-2012 04:16 AM
    Made an appointment with an Apple Genius at the Apple Buchanan Street store in Glasgow (thanks, Gordy!) and got my camera problem sorted. It was a faulty phone, which they replaced on the spot, Great service.
    Alistair
    02-20-2012 04:16 AM
    Glad you got it fixed!
    02-20-2012 08:31 AM
    Mine has not focused right since I used the Olloclip with it.
    02-20-2012 09:36 AM
    I've been having similar problems with my 4s camera, not only Is the focus off but I've been having major problems with the flash bleeding into the photo. Took it to the apple store and they replaced the camera module and the back plate yet this problem still occurs and I'm not restoring again to fix this issue.
    02-20-2012 05:46 PM
    I thought that it was Apple policy to simply replace any iPhone (that was still under warranty) with a replacement one?
    02-21-2012 04:13 AM
    I thought the same but they wanted to replace the camera so I let them will be back in the store this week
    02-21-2012 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD