Only Black and White?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't like when phones have a bunch of color choices. It always reminds me of older basic phones that look like toys. I prefer a black, white, or silver colored phone.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
You can have any color you want, as long as it's black or white...

As soon as the next phone that comes out in 16 colors starts competing with the iPhone in terms of design, ease of use, and mass appeal, Apple will think about doing another color or two. Until then, there's really no reason or pressure for them to change their black & white approach.

The original nano only came in black and white, too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's always Colorware.com...lmao. Enjoy your $1,100 "unique" iPhone. :D

To be honest though, its so easy to replace the rear panel with one of the thousands of color and material options out there, i don't quite understand why anyone would feel limited to black or white.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There's always Colorware.com...lmao. Enjoy your $1,100 "unique" iPhone. :D

To be honest though, its so easy to replace the rear panel with one of the thousands of color and material options out there, i don't quite understand why anyone would feel limited to black or white.

I don't necessarily always look at the back panel of my phone. I do find myself looking at the front more (not meaning to be snide). I would like more color choice than simply swapping out my back panel for a non-OEM part, it sounds like a quick way to mess with the camera flash and possibly void my warranty.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't necessarily always look at the back panel of my phone. I do find myself looking at the front more (not meaning to be snide). I would like more color choice than simply swapping out my back panel for a non-OEM part, it sounds like a quick way to mess with the camera flash and possibly void my warranty.

lol...you actually use the flash? Now that's funny.

So you want color options...again, there are lots of options besides having 6 different pastel colors from Apple like they used to do with the iPods. No one is "stuck" with ONLY having black or white, if they want to put some work or money into it, you can pretty much have any color you want.

msAdele

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or does it seem that Apple has began to be slightly bland with their color choices? To be more specific, their devices (save for the iPod Nano or iPod Shuffle) have merely one or two color options: black or white. I have personally owned both a black and a white device, be it the iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4, or the 4S. What I'm getting at is: why does Apple not offer more color choices, like some of their iPods have? Black and white can get pretty bland after four years of only two color options. I want a red iPhone 4S. A Ferrari red finish on my Apple device would be absolutely breathtaking. Or cobalt blue. Or neon yellow. Or gunmetal grey, for that matter. How about a hot pink iPhone, or purple? I know their are third party solutions that will custom paint your device (think Colorware), but I don't want to risk voiding my warranty.

So what does everyone think? Are you guys happy with the current color choices we have? Would anyone else like to see multi-colored iDevices?

Ferrari Red for me.

On a personal note, I think that it is part of the company's brand already. They have long associated the colors black and white with their Apple iPhone products, which is why it might seem like a distant step away from their brand if they provide more colors with their new offering. After all, one may change the phone's housing itself. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice