Hello all,

When I play music or podcast from the stock music app on my iPhone 4S (32gb, Sprint), the controls on the lock screen and quick launch multitasking bar do not work. A full reboot worked enought for me to pause music but not restart it and nothing worked after that. I attempted to use siri to resume the playback (worked a month ago) but it no longer does. Siri doesn't recognize that I have been listning to the Music app. The lockscreen controls for Tunein Radio and Pandora work perfectly. Any ideas or help short of a full restore? Thanks.
    02-09-2012 10:36 AM
    Try resetting your 'settings'. I don't know whether or not that'll work, but it can't hurt to try. Of course, a full reset and restore as new 'should' fix the issue, but doing that should be a last resort.
    02-09-2012 04:59 PM
    Wasn't this a bug discovered in iOS 5.0.1? I believe I read somewhere that it was....
    02-10-2012 11:27 PM
    When I called Apple, they didn't tell me it was a bug. I recently rebooted and then I closed the Music app in the quick launch task bar and this solved the problem. I'm not sure why a simple reboot wouldn't work. Does that not stop and relaunch all the apps in the task bar? Thanks for help.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
    02-12-2012 09:24 AM
    When I called Apple, they didn't tell me it was a bug. I recently rebooted and then I closed the Music app in the quick launch task bar and this solved the problem. I'm not sure why a simple reboot wouldn't work. Does that not stop and relaunch all the apps in the task bar? Thanks for help.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
    Oh my god.. I created a account on this forum to Thank You i had this problem and freaked out for a few hours there.. Thanks
    09-18-2012 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD