4s turning itself off?!

anon(4732323)

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I'm on my second 16gb 4s and for the past two days it has begun turning itself off (whilst using it), not opening apps (or kicking me out of them), screen not as responsive and generally lagging. I've done the usual routine reboots etc. (as advised by Vodafone UK), any ideas before I drive a long distance to the Apple Store???

Thanks in advance :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Lindsey, have you checked your diags&usage list to see if there's any crash or panic list reports? I'd begin there to see if there's something going on. Also, have you tried doing a fresh restore as new also?

Sorry to hear about your issue, I hope you can get this resolved soon !!

Last edited:
Reactions: anon(4732323)

anon(4732323)

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Lindsey, have you checked your diags&usage list to see if there's any crash or panic list reports? I'd begin there to see if there's something going on. Also, have you tried doing a fresh restore as new also?

Sorry to hear about your issue, I hope you can get this resolved soon !!

Just had a look and there's 5 'LatestCrash' ranging from a game, emails, DMTT (not sure what that is) and Springboard. Guessing this isn't a good thing!? I'm not 100% on this side of things with the iPhone!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just had a look and there's 5 'LatestCrash' ranging from a game, emails, DMTT (not sure what that is) and Springboard. Guessing this isn't a good thing!? I'm not 100% on this side of things with the iPhone!!

If you've done a restore to a fresh iPhone (meaning don't restore from a backup) and that did not solve the issue, it's time to make a appointment at your local Apple store.

Reactions: anon(4732323)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thanks, done restore from both - to no avail! Eugh, long drive for yours truly! Thanks :)

You can always have Apple ship you a new device. Call them up. They will take a credit card in case you don't return the defective device, just keep that in mind.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

ok, yea i'm not quite sure what the DMTT thing is either or why the springboard would have a crash. (something for me to google and educate myself with now;) )

On a rare, and i mean very rare occassion when my Yahoo email misbehaves, i get the mobile message for that in my diags&usage -- i don't freak out about that.

Thanks, done restore from both - to no avail! Eugh, long drive for yours truly! Thanks :)

sorry to hear the restore didn't work for you either. I can imagine the frustration !! But perhaps like Jeremy had suggested, calling Apple and have them ship a device to you may be a better option if your able to go that route instead:)