My fist ever iPhone

htabbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I finally made the decision to dump Android and get my first iPhone(or any Apply product) ever, I have few questions to ask before my new iPhone 4S arrive tonight

1- What is the best and most economic GPS solution? Android has the free Google Navigation, does Apple has a free solution?
2- How can I do a one click dial to my favorite contacts?
3- Would jailbraking my device hinder its stability or performance?
4- Do Sprint users still have data speed issues?

Thank you for your paitence

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I finally made the decision to dump Android and get my first iPhone(or any Apply product) ever, I have few questions to ask before my new iPhone 4S arrive tonight

1- What is the best and most economic GPS solution? Android has the free Google Navigation, does Apple has a free solution?

'The best' is subjective so I won't even attempt to answer that, however, I use the Mapquest app. It is free and has turn by turn voice navigation and thus far, it has yet to fail me.

After you've entered your contact information, there's a box at the bottom that allows you to 'add to favorites'.

My 4S is not jailbroken so I cannot answer this particular question.

I'm with Verizon so I digress.

You're very welcome.

Just Me, D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I finally made the decision to dump Android and get my first iPhone(or any Apply product) ever.

I can answer this part of your question as I have jailbroken all of my iPhones including my 4S. Jailbreaking will not hinder the iPhones stability or performance in any way. It is perfectly safe. When you are ready to give it a try pop on over to the Jailbreak part of this site. There are a number of threads there to help get you started. Congrats on your first iPhone and welcome to iMore. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hello all,

1. To me you get what you pay for so I use TomTom.
2. Might be a Jailbreak solution, if not you have to settle for Favorites in the phone app.
3. Yes/No depending on what you add after your Jailbreak.
4. Sprint has the worst data speeds out of all of the carriers.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

There are several discussions of GPS/Navigation software in the APPS forum here - you might peruse that.

The iPhone's native Maps app is Google under the hood, but no navigation.

Popular paid apps include Garmin, Navigon, TomTom, and more... Navigon is closest in end user experience that I'm accustomed to with my Garmin Nuvi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2