In other words, I usually go through 3 iPhones before I find a trouble free one. My 4S is still the first one I got. I went through 3 original ones, 3 3G's, 3 3GS' and I think 3 i4 models.

I am curious, who here still has their day 1 4S? No, you can't answer if you got it last week. It doesn't even have to be a 4S. Did you keep your original phone from when you bought it until you upgraded?
    01-30-2012 12:47 PM
    I still have the same exact one from the day it was released. Although I have noticed my left speaker doesn't work properly I don't have time to go trade it in for a new one.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk
    01-30-2012 01:05 PM
    I purchased my 4S on the 29th of October 2011 (2 wks after the launch date) and I still have the same one.

Just Me, D
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-30-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    01-30-2012 01:28 PM
    I still have the same exact one from the day it was released. Although I have noticed my left speaker doesn't work properly I don't have time to go trade it in for a new one.

There is no left speaker. It's a microphone.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    01-30-2012 01:35 PM
    I got mine launch week, still have it. No issues yet.

01-30-2012 01:35 PM
    In other words, I usually go through 3 iPhones before I find a trouble free one. My 4S is still the first one I got. I went through 3 original ones, 3 3G's, 3 3GS' and I think 3 i4 models.

I am curious, who here still has their day 1 4S? No, you can't answer if you got it last week. It doesn't even have to be a 4S. Did you keep your original phone from when you bought it until you upgraded?
    I'm on my 3rd 4S. First one after a few weeks the volume would go down on it's own without a single button press. No reset or restore would fix the issue eliminating the possibility of a software glitch. Then the new one they replaced that one with had the SIM card issue. The SIM would be in place securely but the device would say No SIM inserted. The 3rd new one I received is fine. Knock on wood.
    01-30-2012 01:39 PM

Well I did specify no one who has had theirs for a week or so counts. But ok.
    01-30-2012 01:44 PM
    Yeah I figured most people would have gone through at least one before the phone's entire life.
    01-30-2012 01:46 PM
    I've had mine now for 2+ months, haven't had a single issue with it.
    01-30-2012 01:55 PM
    Still running strong since October 19
    01-30-2012 03:06 PM
    On my 3rd. First one the lock button double clicked many times. Got a replacement and that had 2 dead pixels. 3rd has been great.
    01-30-2012 03:20 PM
    Still got the first one not jailbroken and don't plan to and have had 0 compaints or problems since I got it.
    01-30-2012 03:32 PM
    I am still with my first one from Sprint in November. No problems yet!! Knock wood!
    01-30-2012 03:34 PM
    Purchased around 11/4. Still have the original.
    01-30-2012 03:36 PM
    Have had mine since 12/27 Jailbroken now and kicking well

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    01-30-2012 03:41 PM
    I still have my first one, although I do get that static sound when on calls sometimes. Not enough to have me get a new one though. I will say the latest baseband update, 1.5.04, is terrible for data connectivity.
    01-30-2012 03:50 PM
    Got mine on 11/4, still the same one and working great
    01-30-2012 03:53 PM
    Pre-ordered our first pair (which we "returned" because they didn't arrive for a month) so technically our original 4S's were purchased and went home with us on launch date 10/14. Still have the same pair and they work fine. Only issues were not receiving all iMessages but it is an issue for both devices as well as many other iPhones in our area and beyond so I don't think it is a device issue. We turned off iMessaging since we have unlimited text anyway and don't text internationally. No problems since.
    01-30-2012 04:24 PM

There is no left speaker. It's a microphone.

I walked into the VZW store on launch day around noon, no line, and had my 4S in my hand in about 15 minutes. Still have the same one, no issues. Not even with the battery like some have had.

And yea, the mic does look like a speaker. Kinda sneaky. An iDevice that got it's start as an iPod should be a little more dedicated to sound with dual speakers...
    Last edited by SayntJ; 01-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    nj1266 likes this.
    01-30-2012 05:46 PM

Well I did specify no one who has had theirs for a week or so counts. *But ok.
    LOL, laelipoo got it on "launch week", so it should count considering the 4S has been out for over 3 months.
    01-30-2012 05:47 PM
    I'm on my second 4S. I returned the first one because I paid full retail for it and decided if I was paying that much I might as well get the factory unlocked 4S instead. I've had my second one for almost one month. I don't mind the price that I paid now because I can use it with any GSM carrier overseas as well as AT&T and T-Mobile here in the US. Factory unlocked 4S will have a better resale value as well.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 01-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    01-30-2012 05:57 PM
    I am on my second. I returned the first because the phone would lose charge while plugged in. Could have just as well kept it because the second one does it too. For a 400 dollar phone with a two year contract this def frustrates me.
    01-30-2012 06:06 PM
    I am on my second. I returned the first because the phone would lose charge while plugged in. Could have just as well kept it because the second one does it too. For a 400 dollar phone with a two year contract this def frustrates me.
    If you leave wifi on, it can lose charge. Wifi kills the battery when in standyby and thats why Apple recommends turning it off when not using it. Once iPhone is fully charged it will not charge anymore unless your phone drops to 90%. Turn it off at night and you won't have this problem anymore. .
    01-30-2012 06:31 PM
    The first 4S I bought was white and 5 days later I exchanged it for a black one. It didn't have any issues.
    So technically it's not my first one. But still, no issues.
    01-30-2012 06:50 PM
    If you leave wifi on, it can lose charge. Wifi kills the battery when in standyby and thats why Apple recommends turning it off when not using it. Once iPhone is fully charged it will not charge anymore unless your phone drops to 90%. Turn it off at night and you won't have this problem anymore. .
    Ok, I really didn't want to hi jack the thread but Garz, this statement confused me. I use & leave my wifi on all the time, even when I go to bed at night and plug in to charge when needed. When i charge, I always wake up with 100% and the 'plug' icon in the battery. Now when I don't plug in to charge, I have wifi going and lose maybe 4-6% total overnight.

I was under the impression that when you click the sleep button, it puts your phone into 3G mode. The reason I say this is because all the time I wake my phone up, when the screen first lights up I see the 3G symbol for a second and then it switches to the wifi symbol.

Am I misunderstanding something ??
    01-30-2012 06:56 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD