Who still has their 4S from the day they bought it?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second 4S. I returned the first one because I paid full retail for it and decided if I was paying that much I might as well get the factory unlocked 4S instead. I've had my second one for almost one month. I don't mind the price that I paid now because I can use it with any GSM carrier overseas as well as AT&T and T-Mobile here in the US. Factory unlocked 4S will have a better resale value as well.

Last edited:

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second. I returned the first because the phone would lose charge while plugged in. Could have just as well kept it because the second one does it too. For a 400 dollar phone with a two year contract this def frustrates me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am on my second. I returned the first because the phone would lose charge while plugged in. Could have just as well kept it because the second one does it too. For a 400 dollar phone with a two year contract this def frustrates me.

If you leave wifi on, it can lose charge. Wifi kills the battery when in standyby and thats why Apple recommends turning it off when not using it. Once iPhone is fully charged it will not charge anymore unless your phone drops to 90%. Turn it off at night and you won't have this problem anymore. .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The first 4S I bought was white and 5 days later I exchanged it for a black one. It didn't have any issues.
So technically it's not my first one. But still, no issues.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you leave wifi on, it can lose charge. Wifi kills the battery when in standyby and thats why Apple recommends turning it off when not using it. Once iPhone is fully charged it will not charge anymore unless your phone drops to 90%. Turn it off at night and you won't have this problem anymore. .

Ok, I really didn't want to hi jack the thread but Garz, this statement confused me. I use & leave my wifi on all the time, even when I go to bed at night and plug in to charge when needed. When i charge, I always wake up with 100% and the 'plug' icon in the battery. Now when I don't plug in to charge, I have wifi going and lose maybe 4-6% total overnight.

I was under the impression that when you click the sleep button, it puts your phone into 3G mode. The reason I say this is because all the time I wake my phone up, when the screen first lights up I see the 3G symbol for a second and then it switches to the wifi symbol.

Am I misunderstanding something ?? :confused:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I really didn't want to hi jack the thread but Garz, this statement confused me. I use & leave my wifi on all the time, even when I go to bed at night and plug in to charge when needed. When i charge, I always wake up with 100% and the 'plug' icon in the battery. Now when I don't plug in to charge, I have wifi going and lose maybe 4-6% total overnight.

I was under the impression that when you click the sleep button, it puts your phone into 3G mode. The reason I say this is because all the time I wake my phone up, when the screen first lights up I see the 3G symbol for a second and then it switches to the wifi symbol.

Am I misunderstanding something ?? :confused:

Its suppose to go to 3G but I dont believe it always does. My wifes does the same. I have brought it up to genius bar and they also said wifi can cause it to lose battery over night. Mosts times it doesn't but on occassion it does.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Its suppose to go to 3G but I dont believe it always does. My wifes does the same. I have brought it up to genius bar and they also said wifi can cause it to lose battery over night. Mosts times it doesn't but on occassion it does.

Ok thanks Garz:), then mine does 'behave' as it should on wifi - when in sleep mode it jumps to 3G because I always catch it switching back to wifi when I wake mine up.

I don't worry about it too much because I only lose about 4-6% during the night, sometimes I lose nothing at all:)

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Moved from the blackberry to my very first iPhone (black 4S) back in late October - still have the original - no issues.

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Oct. 20th with zero issues, including battery life which has been great for me :D
I did have an iTunes problem which Apple traced to a botched email change on my part :eek: They reissued my purchases and checked back with me the next day to make sure everything was working right.
Apple customer care is      as far as I'm concerned :D

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

Happy_Coal8

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
had mine since launch day might have to look into getting it replaced tmw having sound issues. take a look at my thread "Lost Sounds Issues" if you think you might have an idea or fix thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I figured most people would have gone through at least one before the phone's entire life.

Really? My son has swapped his a couple of times. Other family members are their original:

Me: 4S from launch day
Wife: 4 from 9 months ago
Daughter 1: 4 from VZW launch day
Daughter 2: 4 from VZW launch day
Daughter 3: 3 from its launch day replaced by my 4, purchased on launch day
Son-in-law: 3G from its launch day.

That's 1 out of 6 people replaced their day one iPhone, and 6 day one iPhones that have never been replaced (due to fault/warranty issues)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods