Well it was only a matter of time before it happened, my sleep/power button finally gave out. How many other people have had this happen? Luckily I have applecare so I set up an appointment at the genius bar to get it checked out. Is this something that can be fixed or are they most likely going to give me a new phone? I kinda hope they fix the phone because I have my whole phone wrapped in ghost armor and I'm going to mexico on Thursday so I don't know if I'll have the time

Also I'm jailbroken will this be a problem if I bring my phone in like that or should I backup/restore it back to factory?

Thanks in advanced guys
    01-29-2012 08:09 PM
    I recommend that you remove the jailbreak before taking it in to the Genius Bar. Unless I'm mistaken, jaibreaking voids the warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-29-2012 08:32 PM
    I recommend that you remove the jailbreak before taking it in to the Genius Bar. Unless I'm mistaken, jaibreaking voids the warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JB doesn't void warranty but yes I would still remove JB.
    01-29-2012 09:32 PM
    JB doesn't void warranty but yes I would still remove JB.
    Thank you for correcting me, Garz. I appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Just Me, D
    01-29-2012 09:46 PM
    The home button on my i4 did the same thing. I took it to the store, the Genius looked at it and immediately swapped it out - no questions asked. He said that while it wasn't a common problem, they'd seen quite a few people with it.
    02-01-2012 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD