Sleep/Power button no longer springy and not working

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well it was only a matter of time before it happened, my sleep/power button finally gave out. How many other people have had this happen? Luckily I have applecare so I set up an appointment at the genius bar to get it checked out. Is this something that can be fixed or are they most likely going to give me a new phone? I kinda hope they fix the phone because I have my whole phone wrapped in ghost armor and I'm going to mexico on Thursday so I don't know if I'll have the time :(

Also I'm jailbroken will this be a problem if I bring my phone in like that or should I backup/restore it back to factory?

Thanks in advanced guys :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend that you remove the jailbreak before taking it in to the Genius Bar. Unless I'm mistaken, jaibreaking voids the warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I recommend that you remove the jailbreak before taking it in to the Genius Bar. Unless I'm mistaken, jaibreaking voids the warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JB doesn't void warranty but yes I would still remove JB.

rickydross

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The home button on my i4 did the same thing. I took it to the store, the Genius looked at it and immediately swapped it out - no questions asked. He said that while it wasn't a common problem, they'd seen quite a few people with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711