I currently have 9 app updates I won't install on major apps because the feedback is so bad on the update that it is not a good idea to do it. I can't clear them out of Itunes, and it is getting really annoying to see them every time I check for updates. Is there any way to get rid of them? i don't want to stop using these apps as they are great, and ones I use all the time.

If a new update is issued will it show in Itunes, or will these old buggy ones keep it from showing up?
    01-29-2012 12:23 PM
    The feedback is that bad on all nine apps? Just backup the current app on iTunes. Don't let them update
    on iTunes. Update the ones on your phone once you're done. And if you don't like how they work then just
    delete them and sync the older version from iTunes back on your phone.
    01-29-2012 01:45 PM
    01-29-2012 01:52 PM
    The feedback is that bad on all nine apps? Just backup the current app on iTunes. Don't let them update
    on iTunes. Update the ones on your phone once you're done. And if you don't like how they work then just
    delete them and sync the older version from iTunes back on your phone.
    How can I backup the current app? Is that by doing a full backup on Itunes? Not sure how to do this and then sync it if I am unhappy with the update.

Believe it or not, 9 apps have really bad feedback, and say not to do the update. I am more careful with updates now having gotten burned badly on one.

Thanks for your help!
    01-29-2012 02:38 PM
    Thanks Massie. I may try that. Have you used this?
    01-29-2012 02:40 PM
    How can I backup the current app? Is that by doing a full backup on Itunes? Not sure how to do this and then sync it if I am unhappy with the update.

Believe it or not, 9 apps have really bad feedback, and say not to do the update. I am more careful with updates now having gotten burned badly on one.

Thanks for your help!
    When you do an iTunes sync your apps sync to iTunes as well. That is if you turn on that option in
    iTunes. That version of the app is what's synced on iTunes. So if you update an app and don't like
    it then just delete it off your phone and put the old version back on from iTunes with another sync.
    RC28 likes this.
    01-29-2012 02:42 PM
    Nope. I do it the other waybasically just save a copy of the version I like and use that when I want to sync.
    RC28 likes this.
    01-29-2012 02:43 PM
    Im still on pandora 4.1.4!!!!
    Massie has best info!
    Another way is to ifile to proper app folder and delete the entry called meta data... But you won't see any updates for that app after that... iTunes won't know it's on your phone
    RC28 likes this.
    01-29-2012 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD