[Letter to Apple] I am using pirated apps...Blame yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello Apple fans and anyone from Apple that may read this,

I hate piracy, same as you all. I have got an iPhone 4S, iPad2, BlackBerry Torch and a PlayBook.
Wherever I go around, all keep saying BlackBerry is the worst platform for not having any apps. So I decided to get those 2 Apple products, to see what magic do they bring in. unfortunately they bring nothing in the Middle East.

When I created my Apple account based on Qatar, I found nothing and I really mean nothing in the AppStore, not any apps but Whatsapp, not a single game not even Fruit ninja and Angry birds! ... and Don't tell me due to copyright issues with the Game and App Developers they couldn't provide it for the Middle east, NO! My PlayBook AppWorld got Angry Birds, All Gameloft apps and All EA Apps in the Qatari store! that means it's just how it goes with Apple not the developers!

I tried to switch my Apple account to the United States.... but It asks for a US Based credit card, which I don't own. Got only a Qatari one. I created a new account based on the US.. but still I can't purchase anything as I can't add my credit card.

So do you all think I will pay 820$ for the iPhone4S 16GB! and 650$ iPad2 32GB WiFi only and just keep What'sapp! No, not gonna happen ever in my life, I had to jailbreak my device and get pirated apps. Don't blame me but blame Apple, they won't sell such expensive products and don't provide any apps, games or even support then tell me it's illegal to use pirated apps!

Thanks for reading, I hope you feel the same as me, maybe you won't you got a Store full of apps and games! but now I feel RIM(Research in Motion) had done a better job serving the Middle east.

Todd M

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello Apple fans and anyone from Apple that may read this,

I hate piracy, same as you all. I have got an iPhone 4S, iPad2, BlackBerry Torch and a PlayBook.
Wherever I go around, all keep saying BlackBerry is the worst platform for not having any apps. So I decided to get those 2 Apple products, to see what magic do they bring in. unfortunately they bring nothing in the Middle East.

When I created my Apple account based on Qatar, I found nothing and I really mean nothing in the AppStore, not any apps but Whatsapp, not a single game not even Fruit ninja and Angry birds! ... and Don't tell me due to copyright issues with the Game and App Developers they couldn't provide it for the Middle east, NO! My PlayBook AppWorld got Angry Birds, All Gameloft apps and All EA Apps in the Qatari store! that means it's just how it goes with Apple not the developers!

I tried to switch my Apple account to the United States.... but It asks for a US Based credit card, which I don't own. Got only a Qatari one. I created a new account based on the US.. but still I can't purchase anything as I can't add my credit card.

So do you all think I will pay 820$ for the iPhone4S 16GB! and 650$ iPad2 32GB WiFi only and just keep What'sapp! No, not gonna happen ever in my life, I had to jailbreak my device and get pirated apps. Don't blame me but blame Apple, they won't sell such expensive products and don't provide any apps, games or even support then tell me it's illegal to use pirated apps!

Thanks for reading, I hope you feel the same as me, maybe you won't you got a Store full of apps and games! but now I feel RIM(Research in Motion) had done a better job serving the Middle east.

That truly sucks. Don't know why they don't have more. However, piracy is piracy, no matter how you rationalize it.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You can create a US based account using a gift card purchased online. A search will result in detailed instructions.

As for why there is nothing in your App Store, you should contact Apple directly, not post a question in an Internet discussion forum. Apple doesn't read posts here....

I know when we submit apps we restrict distribution to App Stores where English is a supported language. Perhaps Qatar is not in that list

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Didn't think before about the itunes card, despite that hassle that I have got to buy a card before every purchase, and I have to accept that I won't get bonus from my Credit card unless I buy those itunes cards online which could be more expensive. I will go for it for now however that's like a temporary Hotfix. Apple got to fix this issue!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Didn't think before about the itunes card, despite that hassle that I have got to buy a card before every purchase, and I have to accept that I won't get bonus from my Credit card unless I buy those itunes cards online which could be more expensive. I will go for it for now however that's like a temporary Hotfix. Apple got to fix this issue!

Why do you have to go get a card every time? I get a $25 or $50 card once every 6-9 months and leave a balance on iTunes. I top it up when it gets low.

Seems easier and more ethical than essentially stealing from developers.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Why do you have to go get a card every time? I get a $25 or $50 card once every 6-9 months and leave a balance on iTunes. I top it up when it gets low.

Seems easier and more ethical than essentially stealing from developers.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Yep, It is more ethical, I just forgotten about those cards, as I don't see then outside the states at least not here in the Middle east, as Credit card rules here. I will be getting some cards today, will be also emailing Apple because yeh those cards are fine but not the best experience.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ironic that you misspell a simple word like you're when calling someone an idiot.

It's that karma thing. It almost always happens that when you're busting someone on spelling or grammar that you also make a blatant error. Funny how that always works out...

Back on topic:

Sorry for the OP's plight, but that doesn't make piracy "ok". Nothing does. Nothing ever will.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yep, It is more ethical, I just forgotten about those cards, as I don't see then outside the states at least not here in the Middle east, as Credit card rules here. I will be getting some cards today, will be also emailing Apple because yeh those cards are fine but not the best experience.

I have both a credit card and a debit card. But none of them are associated with my iTunes account. I use iTunes gift cards as my only way of purchasing on iTunes. No hassles at all... easy, safe and it creates peace of mind. I keep no more that $25 in my iTunes store account. When it runs out, I add more. The most that I could ever lost due to a hacked account is the balance of $25 or less on that account.

YMMV, but this has always worked for me.

DikaiaKnight

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Piracy is never ok but I do understand what a hassle it would be to have to go out to purchase an iTunes GC to buy apps. Yes you can buy a large one for $50 etc but that means you are "locked" into using that $50 in the iTunes ecosystem. As someone who is watches my finances closely I would never want to do that myself. When I want to buy a 99 cent app I want to spend 99 cent. I do not want to have to spend extra money for a GC to load onto my account.

That being said, again, piracy is not OK. Write to Apple to know your frustration but for now try to be legal! I would think Apple would want to make it easier for people in your area to spend money with them. I hope they support your region more soon!

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
How about researching what's available before you make the purchase?

If I bought a phone from a company based in the middle east I wouldn't complain there are no apps available in the US. Just as I wouldn't buy a phone from a US company without researching what apps are available.

It's not Apple's fault. It's yours.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a question, because I'm a bad person. I'd love to find an app where I can easily get audible.com content for free. Any leads?

Free audio books....get your friend who's willing to buy a book to read it aloud and use the audio notes on your iPhone for him to read it to you.

FFS.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
How about researching what's available before you make the purchase?

If I bought a phone from a company based in the middle east I wouldn't complain there are no apps available in the US. Just as I wouldn't buy a phone from a US company without researching what apps are available.

It's not Apple's fault. It's yours.

iTunes is in every market. The iPhone is sold globally. It is up to the developers on an individual basis to determine in which market they will be sold.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe no one has said this, but, this has to be the stupidest thread ever. If apps aren't available
then stay away from the product if it means that much to you. And if you're going to use pirated apps
then use them without opening yourself up to criticism here. In other words: Do what you want and just
shut up about it. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox