what the hell why am i getting an add in the stock photo app????
    01-27-2012 04:45 AM
    Are you sure that's the stock photo app? Doesn't look like what I've got, and I don't just mean the ad.
    01-27-2012 06:32 AM
    Doesn't look like what I have either
    01-27-2012 06:35 AM
    Are you sure that's the stock photo app? Doesn't look like what I've got, and I don't just mean the ad.
    its close, but def different than the stock pix app. On the OP's ss, where it says "Ffu" if you go into one of your albums, it would say "Camera Roll"

Even if you open up the camera, on the top it would say XXX of XXX, meaning how many pictures of what picture your viewing.

The OP needs to re-check what app they're actually look at

01-27-2012 08:38 AM
    There are no ads in my 'stock photo app' so I don't know what to tell you.

Just Me, D
    01-27-2012 08:40 AM
    its close, but def different than the stock pix app. On the OP's ss, where it says "Ffu" if you go into one of your albums, it would say "Camera Roll"

Even if you open up the camera, on the top it would say XXX of XXX, meaning how many pictures of what picture your viewing.

The OP needs to re-check what app they're actually look at

yes it is i made a new folder with few pics just so i can show the ad. i do have have "camera roll"
    in camera roll at the bottom does say XXX OF XXX but gets blocked by the ad.

There are no ads in my 'stock photo app' so I don't know what to tell you.

Just Me, D
    so far i havent seen it again i just rebooted
    01-27-2012 10:28 AM
    what the hell why am i getting an add in the stock photo app????
    I'm guessing your device is jailbroken?
    01-27-2012 10:32 AM
    maybe lol
    would it be because of that?
    01-27-2012 10:34 AM
    maybe lol
    Depending on what you've installed, yes. Exactly why Apple is against jailbreaking and breaking that sandbox they've created.
    01-27-2012 10:42 AM
    Depending on what you've installed, yes. Exactly why Apple is against jailbreaking and breaking that sandbox they've created.
    ive downloaded the normal things, the most common used tweaks nothing strange

but i think i was using Dyptic Frames and i clicked on and ad by accident and then i noticed the ad in the photo app but i dont know maybe its just me.
    martinr80233 likes this.
    01-27-2012 10:47 AM
    maybe lol
    The thought as I was posting of it being a JB issue did cross my mind after I hit the reply button.
    01-27-2012 11:11 AM
    ive downloaded the normal things, the most common used tweaks nothing strange

but i think i was using Dyptic Frames and i clicked on and ad by accident and then i noticed the ad in the photo app but i dont know maybe its just me.
    Maybe delete the app and re-dwld it. But if the reboot chased the ad away for now then maybe your in the clear, so to speak.
    01-27-2012 11:12 AM
    Maybe delete the app and re-dwld it. But if the reboot chased the ad away for now then maybe your in the clear, so to speak.
    yea, i'll see if it comes again and if it does i'll report back
    01-27-2012 11:20 AM
    Kill out any apps with ads in the multi tasking bar and it'll go away. Or install an ad blocker. Common with iAds on jb'd devices.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    01-27-2012 11:22 AM
    Kill out any apps with ads in the multi tasking bar and it'll go away. Or install an ad blocker. Common with iAds on jb'd devices.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    it just came back -_- and yeaa i took your advice and installed an ad blocker and i think it did block it, hopefully
    01-27-2012 11:44 AM
    it just came back -_- and yeaa i took your advice and installed an ad blocker and i think it did block it, hopefully
    Did the ad blocker stop it from re-appearing?
    I noticed the same thing happened to my Camera Roll today!
    02-04-2012 02:11 PM
    thats why i dont jailbreak my phone.
    02-04-2012 11:26 PM
    Apple is against jailbreaking because they want control over their customers and jailbreaking frees people of that control
    06-21-2012 09:34 PM
    I think the most likely solution to your problem is to to uninstall the "Mail More Photos" package in Cydia.

stock photo app has ads?!?!?!-image.png
    04-03-2013 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD