You really don?t need to manually manage apps for iPhone or iPad

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
to which "essay" are you referring to? The ones I have seen hardly qualify as an "essay", more like a "heres-how-u-do-it-its-so-damn-easy" instruction paragraph.
And you DO have to manage apps "manually" :rolleyes: every time you delete, move or place them in folders...whether on your phone or in iTunes, you are "manually" manipulating them. What do you do, telepathically "wish" them off your phone?

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The OP is referring to this article http://www.imore.com/2012/01/06/reminder-manually-manage-apps-iphone-ipad/

In a nutshell, iOS does a pretty good job of allocating resources so you don't really have to go in there and manually end apps yourself. To the OP; two reasons to use the app switcher are to switch between apps or to end an errant app that doesn't follow Apple standards to shutdown after so much time.

Some apps, I think Google Maps is one, is designed to keep running in the background - at least it did in earlier versions - so using the app switcher to end these is handy.

For those that haven't read the article - it made me less OCD about ending apps via the app switcher.

;)

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

As long as there's an x on the icons, I'm going to keep quitting them. I think it's a pretty crappy way to multitask.

Read the article - it's a quick read - I came away impressed with their approach. I don't find the multi tasking any more different or difficult than a desktop or a blackberry.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The author has it right in the first two paragraphs. Not sure why the OP doesn't get it, or what his question is. (Or why he's too lazy to read the article - cause you know he won't come back here to read the responses either.)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The author has it right in the first two paragraphs. Not sure why the OP doesn't get it, or what his question is. (Or why he's too lazy to read the article - cause you know he won't come back here to read the responses either.)

I would agree with that for sure and that is why I read and research before I make comments in the forum. If I don't know I don't comment.

Thank you Alli