First off, i want to apologize in case this isnt the right section for this topic since I dont really have an idea where to post it.

So, I just got a new laptop, and i wanted to sync my phone there. Problem of course, is that it wouldnt allow me to sync without erasing the contents of the phone? I was hoping i could just transfer te contents of the phone onto the laptop without having much problems.

Thanks!
    01-17-2012 02:04 AM
    You'll basically have to copy the contents from your old laptop to the new laptop or invest in a 3rd party program to move your stuff from your iPhone to the new computer.
    01-17-2012 06:10 AM
    So, in other words, the data in my phone will be erased, regardless?
    01-18-2012 01:08 AM
    Hmm, what i do is authorize the computer in itunes. It will ask for my apple id. Then click transfer purchases from my iphone to itunes, then sync. What will be copied are data (pictures, messages, notes, etc) and the apps.

For music and video, i use a third-party app (touchcopy). HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 02:15 AM
    Just authorize the new computer and transfer purchases like stated

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 02:17 AM
    I did transfer my purchases, and authorize the new computer. But phone still doesnt want to sync without erasing the current content of the phone so im guessing i might have to erase its contents, as much as I dont want to.
    01-18-2012 02:35 AM
    There is an option there for manually managing video and audio, it will appear when the is detected in itunes. Try ticking that before syncing.

Also disable the option for automatic syncing

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 04:28 AM
    Yes, i tried to do the "manual sync" thing, but upon clicking it, it would require me to sync the phone and erase its data. Truly a hassle, lol
    01-18-2012 06:09 AM
    Authorizing the new computer is all well and fine for your apps, and music you purchased from iTunes. It won't transfer your photos, video, or any music you did not purchase through iTunes. Unless you have copied the directories from the old computer to the new computer, your first sync will erase everything on your phone.
    01-18-2012 06:29 AM
    Ayt, thanks. I guess I just have to accept it, haha.

Thanks for all the help
    01-18-2012 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD