iTunes concern

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
First off, i want to apologize in case this isnt the right section for this topic since I dont really have an idea where to post it.

So, I just got a new laptop, and i wanted to sync my phone there. Problem of course, is that it wouldnt allow me to sync without erasing the contents of the phone? I was hoping i could just transfer te contents of the phone onto the laptop without having much problems.

Thanks!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You'll basically have to copy the contents from your old laptop to the new laptop or invest in a 3rd party program to move your stuff from your iPhone to the new computer.

Simbadda

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, what i do is authorize the computer in itunes. It will ask for my apple id. Then click transfer purchases from my iphone to itunes, then sync. What will be copied are data (pictures, messages, notes, etc) and the apps.

For music and video, i use a third-party app (touchcopy). HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just authorize the new computer and transfer purchases like stated

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I did transfer my purchases, and authorize the new computer. But phone still doesnt want to sync without erasing the current content of the phone :( so im guessing i might have to erase its contents, as much as I dont want to.

Simbadda

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
There is an option there for manually managing video and audio, it will appear when the is detected in itunes. Try ticking that before syncing.

Also disable the option for automatic syncing

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, i tried to do the "manual sync" thing, but upon clicking it, it would require me to sync the phone and erase its data. Truly a hassle, lol

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Authorizing the new computer is all well and fine for your apps, and music you purchased from iTunes. It won't transfer your photos, video, or any music you did not purchase through iTunes. Unless you have copied the directories from the old computer to the new computer, your first sync will erase everything on your phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods