Triple finger double tap to zoom doesn't zoom that much

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I discovered that the feature to use three fingers to double tap to zoom (magnify) the screen image doesn't seem to work as much as it used to. Prior to 5.0.1, I would use this to quickly zoom in on a portion of the screen - now when I use it it barely zooms at all.

On an Apple Support thread I found some information indicating that once you double tap with three fingers you should be able to zoom in or zoom out by dragging - I've never been able to get that to work.

Has anyone used this feature with success on the 4S running 5.0.1?

Thanks.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it only one finger to double tap to zoom in? I've never heard of a three finger double tap on the iPhone.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone confirmed that it is working for them on 5.0.1? Again, prior to 5.0.1 it would make a noticeable difference in zooming (as shown in the YouTube video); now it barely zooms.

Thanks.

ChemEngr

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Lurking for a few months now since I got the Sprint 4S at launch (I also have an ATT i4 for work). This is my first post here and I'm happy to make my first contribution. :D

I read about this feature a while back when iOS 5.0 came out. In settings > general > accessibility, you can turn on the zoom function. In that screen, it actually shows you how to manipulate the zoom factor (3-finger double tap and drag). This function works well on both i4 and i4S for me (both on 5.0.1).

Are you forgetting the drag (up or down) to control zoom factor?

Reactions: golfgal and DZD

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Lurking for a few months now since I got the Sprint 4S at launch (I also have an ATT i4 for work). This is my first post here and I'm happy to make my first contribution. :D

I read about this feature a while back when iOS 5.0 came out. In settings > general > accessibility, you can turn on the zoom function. In that screen, it actually shows you how to manipulate the zoom factor (3-finger double tap and drag). This function works well on both i4 and i4S for me (both on 5.0.1).

Are you forgetting the drag (up or down) to control zoom factor?

I thought I tried dragging but I guess I didn't do it quite right - I finally got it to zoom in some more. Thank you!

Additional note: the trick for me was to double tap with three fingers and to KEEP your fingers on the screen after the second tap and drag up or down. I would double tap take my fingers off, then try to drag with three fingers and that doesn't work; it just moves the image. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73