AT&T Rep Damaged My iPhone 4S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

I need some advice. I recently purchased a brand new 64GB iPhone 4S from Craigslist and took it over to the AT&T store yesterday. I broke the seal at the store and as usual both the front and back plastic protectors were on. The reason I had taken it to the store was to get it activated. As I watched the store rep across the counter attempt to pry open the SIM card door, I saw him slip and then he attempted again and he managed to pry it open. He returned my iPhone to me fully activated and plastic still intact and put it back into the box until today when I opened it again. Now when I removed the plastic and started restoring a backup I had created on my iP4, I noticed 2 chip dents. 1 was on the chrome bezel and the other on the black frame that surrounds the screen. In addition to the chip dents, my SIM card tray is not properly aligned so the bottom part protrudes noticeably. My question is if I go back to the AT&T store and complain, will they give me a new one or will they not accept responsibility? Any advice is appreciated....TIA :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I imagine after watching him slip you should have examined the phone.

Coming back afterwards its going to be very hard to prove that the rep specifically damaged your phone. Depending on you're location their might be enough flow of people that the rep might not even recall seeing you.

But its always worth a shot.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I edited and included that I purchased from Craigslist. Sorry I didn't include that info the first time. I am going to try going back Monday morning due to my work schedule. It's a rep I usually deal with at the store so he remembers me since I have bought past phones from there.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I would have inspected the phone after he handed it back to you. I agree with the above, it may be difficult to get him to accept responsibility. Who is to say that you didn't drop it when you got home? "I'm not saying you did, just giving you a example of what might come."

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
They're gonna tell you to pound sand. It left the store, THEN you noticed. It's out of their hands at that point.

I work for AT&T and I'd tell you the exact same thing. Not our problem after it leaves the store.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Just exchange it at an apple store. Doesn't matter where you bought it from.

Spoke with the Apple store and they will be exchanging it for another new one plus AT&T added a decent credit to my account :D . Thanks for the help guys. I will definitely be more skeptical next time I think about having a rep work on my phone. :cool:

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Spoke with the Apple store and they will be exchanging it for another new one plus AT&T added a decent credit to my account :D . Thanks for the help guys. I will definitely be more skeptical next time I think about having a rep work on my phone. :cool:

Wow! You are soooo lucky! I'm glad that worked out. I didn't think they would do a darn thing!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Apples Customer Service rocks, I love em - and The AT&T thing is a nice bonus ... Glad it all worked out

+1 on Apple's Customer Service. It's the best in the land in my opinion, especially for such a giant corporation. Just had a VERY GOOD experience with them myself, and it's almost making this half Apple/half Android guy go all Apple.

Glad everything worked out for ya!

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
That's so awesome! Lucky you :) there is nothing I love more than customer service!! I will shop again and again from anywhere with good customer service

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's so awesome! Lucky you :) there is nothing I love more than customer service!! I will shop again and again from anywhere with good customer service

Yep! That's why I said this customer service experience for me is making me think of going all Apple, all the time! I would prefer to give my money to a company that would continue to support me and their products, and not make it a hassle to deal with. They actually made me feel like they cared. Which is VERY RARE, it seems. They responded to my emails quick and even called me when they said they would, and got my issue taken care of in under 24 hours. I don't know of many other multi-billion dollar corporations that would treat their customers the way they do.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Glad to hear it worked out for you! I too have had MUCH better experiences at the Apple Stores with my iPad.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys,

I need some advice. I recently purchased a brand new 64GB iPhone 4S from Craigslist and took it over to the AT&T store yesterday. I broke the seal at the store and as usual both the front and back plastic protectors were on. The reason I had taken it to the store was to get it activated. As I watched the store rep across the counter attempt to pry open the SIM card door, I saw him slip and then he attempted again and he managed to pry it open. He returned my iPhone to me fully activated and plastic still intact and put it back into the box until today when I opened it again. Now when I removed the plastic and started restoring a backup I had created on my iP4, I noticed 2 chip dents. 1 was on the chrome bezel and the other on the black frame that surrounds the screen. In addition to the chip dents, my SIM card tray is not properly aligned so the bottom part protrudes noticeably. My question is if I go back to the AT&T store and complain, will they give me a new one or will they not accept responsibility? Any advice is appreciated....TIA :confused::confused::confused:

Question, why did you take it to the store? If it was new and sealed the iPhone comes with a SIM card already installed and all you need to do is connect to iTunes at home. No AT&T interaction required; normally.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love Apple's customer service. That is one of the things that keeps me coming back to their products. They truly are amazing and with myself and three teenagers, it's been a blessing!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW