100% battery in the am!

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have posted here before about having issues when waking up in the am my iphone is usually between 92-96%. I am on my second one. First one had this issue and I brought it back a week later and then my second one and the one I got my wife have all had this issue. I am just interested if any of the recent iphones purchased have had this issue! I love my phone and the battery life is good during the day. But I would like to have a fully charged battery in the am!

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you leave it on the charger all night? I have heard that if you do this, the phone charges to 100%, but then stops charging until the phone discharges to a certain point, then it charges back up to 100%. If you unplug it during the "down" time, you get a reduced charge. You have to plug it in, wait for it to hit 100%, then pull the plug as soon as it hits that point. My suggestion is to give it a full charge before you hit the hay, then shut it off for the night. Or, unplug it upon waking, check the %, and if it is low, plug it back in while you sh** shower and shave, and it'll be good to go before you walk out the door. That's my method.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you leave it on the charger all night? I have heard that if you do this, the phone charges to 100%, but then stops charging until the phone discharges to a certain point, then it charges back up to 100%. If you unplug it during the "down" time, you get a reduced charge. You have to plug it in, wait for it to hit 100%, then pull the plug as soon as it hits that point. My suggestion is to give it a full charge before you hit the hay, then shut it off for the night. Or, unplug it upon waking, check the %, and if it is low, plug it back in while you sh** shower and shave, and it'll be good to go before you walk out the door. That's my method.

Yeah I have heard its a design thing also. But then I know at least 4 people where I live that charges theres overnight like I do and don't have this happen? Just curious if maybe the batches being sold now don't have this issue?

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not being sarcastic at all but I'd suggest turning the battery percentage indicator off. You're talking a deficiency of 4 - 8%, which is nothing. That's if you can even trust the indicator, which may be faulty by the same percentage.

I don't have your problem but I tried using the percentage indicator for a few days and it drove me batty always being aware of exactly how much power I had left; worried too much. My other phones (and many other types of devices) had a simple bar indicator and it works fine. Turning off that percentage gave me peace of mind.

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This is totally normal it's to protect the battery from over charging if you have stuff running when after a charge cycle it can suck up to 8-9% off a battery still plugged in

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This is totally normal it's to protect the battery from over charging if you have stuff running when after a charge cycle it can suck up to 8-9% off a battery still plugged in

I disagree. I live in a small town so I know a lot of people that have got the 4s. Between my family and the people I work with there are 8 people with 4s that I talk to often. 6 of them never have the battery drain. Me and my wife both have this.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
have you tried a complete battery cycle? use it till it turns off, then put it on charge until it hits 100%. that should fix whatever issue you are having i would think. I'm on my second phone (broke the screen on my first) and my wife has one and none of them have this issue. hers is on 5.01 and I'm running 5.1 beta 3

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. I live in a small town so I know a lot of people that have got the 4s. Between my family and the people I work with there are 8 people with 4s that I talk to often. 6 of them never have the battery drain. Me and my wife both have this.

Do a battery cycle. If that doesn't help, it could be things like location services that are draining.

Also, I've heard that it will drain faster depending on your network (AT&T/Verizon)

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
what type of charger are you using? its weird, I just got a seidio charging dock and it does that.. I will wake up to it like 94%. I read a few texts or whatever, put it back on charger while I shower and its 100 when im done.

reason I ask, before i got the charging dock and just used the apple charger, it always was at 100% in morning.. curious to know anyone else's experience..

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a droid that did the same thing. I had to turn it off to get a full 100% charge.
No issues with iPhone. I have the stock apple wall charger and a Griffen for my car.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a droid that did the same thing. I had to turn it off to get a full 100% charge..

same here. Only thing is it seems like sometimes the iPhone doesn't actually power off. Sometimes I can plug in then power down but when I awake and power on it'll be at 99% or 100% with the charging lightning bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So what you are saying and worrying about is the fact that your phone drained because it wasn't plugged in. Oh the horror. And then you went and returned it because it was a problem... What?? That's normal. Haha

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
jebulls, i didnt know you were still having an issue with this. In my household, theres 4 iphones- 2 iphone4 and 2 iphone4S. None of them have this issue you & your wife are seeing. When we plug in to charge overnight, in the morning it shows 100% with the 'plug' icon in the battery until we take them off the charger.

have you tried a cycle charge like someone has suggested? idr if you've tried that already.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So what you are saying and worrying about is the fact that your phone drained because it wasn't plugged in. Oh the horror. And then you went and returned it because it was a problem... What?? That's normal. Haha

if you even bothered to READ and understand what the OP meant, then you wouldnt have posted this nonsense:rolleyes:

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
jebulls, i didnt know you were still having an issue with this. In my household, theres 4 iphones- 2 iphone4 and 2 iphone4S. None of them have this issue you & your wife are seeing. When we plug in to charge overnight, in the morning it shows 100% with the 'plug' icon in the battery until we take them off the charger.

have you tried a cycle charge like someone has suggested? idr if you've tried that already.

Yeah I have tried all that good stuff! Must have been a batch of phones. I got 3 iphones all within like 10 days from the same store. Thinking about exchanging them!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have tried all that good stuff! Must have been a batch of phones. I got 3 iphones all within like 10 days from the same store. Thinking about exchanging them!

oh damn:( I haven't heard anything from you for a bit so I was hoping that all was good.

When you say exchange them, you mean swap it out for another iPhone or a whole different device altogether? Like you said, it must've been that batch of phones that store had gotten in. If your gonna do an even swap, if it's feasible for you what I'd suggest is going to a completely different store still within your area but further away from the original store. Maybe there'd be a different batch of phones, ya know?

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2