If you have your iphone set to use wifi and your phone is on wifi and you lose your wifi connection is your iphone suppose to switch back to using the network on its own? my wife was at home we have a wifi and our wifi went down. is the iphone suppose to switch back to using verizons network or just sit there like a lump of crap untill you toggle off wifi in your settings. i told her to shut off wifi and then she was able to get on facebook again. i thought this was an automatic thing? just curious

update: found out she unplugged our modem so it was on back up battery maybe thats why,
    Last edited by jwsnj3rd; 01-12-2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: cant type
    01-12-2012 12:26 AM
    Yep it should be automatic.
    01-12-2012 12:31 AM
    Yep it should be automatic.
    any clue why it didnt, how does it work, i looked on my settings theres nothing there.?? if it loses the wifi or if theres a poor wifi connection it should switch i thought..humm wonder if theres something wrong with her iphone
    01-12-2012 12:36 AM
    It should automatically switch back to Verizon. I will occasionally have this problem too. Even though your Internet went down your router is still on and because of this a connection between your phone and router will remain there just wont be any data transfer. Turning your wifi off on your iPhone and then on again breaks the connection.
    Last edited by spinecho; 01-12-2012 at 04:00 AM.
    01-12-2012 03:58 AM
    It should automatically switch back to Verizon. I will occasionally have this problem too. Even though your Internet went down your router is still on and because of this a connection between your phone and router will remain there just wont be any data transfer. Turning your wifi off on your iPhone and then on again breaks the connection.
    Ok I get what your saying. Do you know if the iPhone will switch from wifi to Verizon if the signal is stronger on the network. Or it doesn't care if it sees a wifi signal it connects unless you toggle it off
    01-12-2012 04:15 AM
    The iphone prefers the wifi over 3g network so like spine says you would have to toggle off the wifi to get back online
    01-12-2012 06:24 AM
    did the internet go down or did the router go out? there is a difference. the iphone will still stay connected to the router even if the internet is down.
    01-13-2012 12:49 PM
    did the internet go down or did the router go out? there is a difference. the iphone will still stay connected to the router even if the internet is down.
    Yeah that makes sense When I first wrote the post I thought I lost the Internet or had a problem with my router. But someone accidentally unplugged the modem. I'm not sure how it all works but the tv and phone all worked not the Internet. I'm not sure if on battery backup on the modem , if it stops or interups the Internet connection when you lose power or not. It's Comcast if anyone knows. Does that make any sense . But the iPhone was still connected to the wifi even though it couldn't get thru to the Internet. It was only when we took it off wifi that it was able to get on the Internet
    Last edited by jwsnj3rd; 01-13-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    01-13-2012 08:02 PM
    Now I think it's her phone Wi-Fi doesn't work or Verizon wireless doesn't work on my phone it's fine works great.
    01-14-2012 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD