I don't get it either lol
    ok, so its not just me then, lol.
    01-14-2012 08:51 PM
    nope, not hardly
    01-14-2012 10:16 PM
    I never ever reboot, the only times when my iPhone reboots is when it reboots itself.
    If it reboots itself then there could be a underlying issue with the iPhone. The next time the iPhone reboots itself, note the time and date and look in the diagnostic log for an entry that corresponds with that time and date.

My first 4S would reboot itself, when I checked in the diagnostic log I had panic.plist entries. Panic.plist are caused by a hardware fault. Anyone who has these in their diagnostic log should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have their iPhone replaced. Panic.plist cannot be fixed by a software update, restoring from a backup or restoring as new, they are a hardware fault and can only be solved by having the iPhone replaced.

To check for panic.plist:

Go into settings/general/about/diagnostics & usage/diagnostic & usage data. If there are panic.plist in there then the iPhone has a hardware fault and will need to be replaced to cure the random reboots.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-15-2012 04:10 AM
    If it reboots itself then there could be a underlying issue with the iPhone. The next time the iPhone reboots itself, note the time and date and look in the diagnostic log for an entry that corresponds with that time and date.

My first 4S would reboot itself, when I checked in the diagnostic log I had panic.plist entries. Panic.plist are caused by a hardware fault. Anyone who has these in their diagnostic log should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have their iPhone replaced. Panic.plist cannot be fixed by a software update, restoring from a backup or restoring as new, they are a hardware fault and can only be solved by having the iPhone replaced.

Go into settings/general/about/diagnostics & usage/diagnostic & usage data. If there are panic.plist in there then the iPhone has a hardware fault and will need to be replaced to cure the random reboots.
    thanks Fatboy for making this suggestion to Tony the Tiger. I wouldve figured that if his/her phone reboots that they would try to figure out why. its definately not normal for a phone to reboot itself, thats why i was puzzled by that persons post.
    01-15-2012 09:23 AM
    I only reboot if I need to soft reset or it shuts off

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-17-2012 11:35 AM

Oh dayum, I just checked and I have this in my diagnostic log, my 4S did a random reboot around Christmas time but it never did it again so I forgot about it. Gonna go into Verizon and/or Apple tomorrow. THANKS for the tip!!!
    01-17-2012 04:27 PM
    Coming from the Palm Pre (original Sprint flavor) I have two learned habits I've been trying to break with the iPhone 4S:

First, the Pre was notorious for having memory leaks, so you had to reboot every one to three days to keep it running. If you didn't, you would try to start an app and it would tell you that you had too many cards open (too many running apps) when you had none open. I've probably re-booted the iPhone more than it needs as a result.

Second, again with the Pre's memory problems, and its terrible battery life, I had gotten in the habit if throwing away all cards (closing running apps) right after using them. I never left apps open, since it would drain the battery and slow the device. I know, I know, I know the iPhone doesn't work that way, but I still find myself opening the dock and closing apps all the time. I'm trying to stop, but two years of training is hard to break...
    01-17-2012 05:41 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD