Had no signal so I ....

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Had this weird problem in a remote area where I've always had decent service. No signal at all. Zero. Its in ski country where I go every week. So I went for two days like this, drive home and I got a signal again when I was a few miles from the dead area.

So I come here again next week and it happens again. I start looking at the settings. The voice roaming is set to " on". I turn it off for a minute and back on. Then BAM! I have 4 bars. It's been fine all morning. I tried this last week and it didn't work. Very weird. Anyone experience something like this?

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Basically the phone needed to be jump started to look for a roaming tower. Pretty normal.

Normal - really? I hadn't heard of this before. I probably would have tried powering off and on the phone first. Curious if it would have had the same result.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Tried the power off thing the first time it happened. Called Sprint and they took me through some stuff and none of it worked. Turning off voice roaming and turning it back on is the only thing that worked.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Tried the power off thing the first time it happened. Called Sprint and they took me through some stuff and none of it worked. Turning off voice roaming and turning it back on is the only thing that worked.

I dont have any " voice roaming" option in the Network setttings, Data roaming only... what carrier are you using ??

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
He's on Sprint. I'm on AT&T and all I have is Data Roaming (Settings > General > Network > Data Roaming.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner