Hi everyone,

I added the Spanish keyboard, mainly out of curiosity, although I am also interested in the Spanish language, and languages in general.

Anyway, I have now added the new international keyboard for Spanish, but I don't see any change from the English-language keyboard. For example, on the alphabet keyboard I don't see the n-tilda or the cedilla, and on the punctuation keyboard I don't see an upside-down exclamation mark or upside-down question mark.

Could somebody please tell me what I am missing.

Thank you.
    01-08-2012 06:33 PM
    They look the same but if you have Auto-Correction ON it will correct only spanish words, the will show if you hold the n and the cedilla will show holding any letter...
    metric man likes this.
    01-08-2012 09:23 PM
    You can get those accents on the English keyboard. Just tap and hold the letter over which you want the accent.

Typically the European keyboards are gzerty.
    metric man likes this.
    01-09-2012 06:37 AM
    Thank you rictrd and Alli,

I didn't realize that you could just hold down the key and, if options exist -- such as with the letters c, n, e, and others -- then they would all show up. I checked that issue out with the question mark and the exclamation mark, and I see that that is also the case with those punctuation marks.

And, following what Alli wrote, I see that these options exist as well with the English-language keyboard.

All of this is great to know.

Thank you very much.
    01-09-2012 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD