Raise to Talk Issues?

pricej636

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the Raise to Talk on their 4s? It seems that I have to raise the phone 3 or 4 times before it works.

I just got this phone on the Friday before Christmas, so I am contemplating exchanging it.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's all in the wrist. Hold it as if you're looking at it and then raise and twist at the same time. Saw something about it in google. It works every time once you get the hang if it. However, I'm not suggesting that it's all you. If you try it and it still doesn't work, then take it to a Genius.

Google is your friend!

Last edited:

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's all in the wrist. Hold it as if you're looking at it and then raise and twist at the same time. Saw something about it in google. It works every time once you get the hang if it. However, I'm not suggesting that it's all you. If you try it and it still doesn't work, then take it to a Genius.

siri raise to speak - Google Search

I was having the same problem and I did exactly what you said - at least 40 times in a row.... Worked EVERY TIME. It really is "all in the wrist" i wasnt "twisting" i think lol
Thanks for the tip :)

majorone

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Raise to speak

I am not sure this is true but I was told that there is a proximaty sensor in the phone and if the phone isn't up against your ear or very close to you ear Siri won' turn on. When I tried it every time I put the phone to my ear Siri came on but everytime I rasied the phone and it was an inch or so away from my ear Siri wouldn't work. For what its worth

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Some say this has been fixed on iOS 5.1 beta 3. I didn't load this beta so I can't confirm but we'll find out when 5.1 goes official.

pricej636

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Just to follow up, I exchanged my black 4s for a white 4s. I dont know if the white one works better for me, or if I am being more careful as to how I raise it, but it seems to be working much better. Also to note my black 4s was on the first 5.0.1 (9A405) build and my white one is on the second 5.0.1 (9A406) build.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73