I recently switched to the iPhone from a BlackBerry. So glad I switched but, I really hate that if I'm not listening to Bluetooth Audio Stream and I get a Text/Mail I don't hear the alert tone. The phone automatically connects to the audio stream whenever it connects to the car all sounds are redirected to that stream. So if I'm listening to a CD or the radio or an music via USB I don't know I even received anything. This is ridiculous mistake in the iOS software. My BlackBerry worked fine for both streaming and phone and I heard all my tones from my BlackBerry.
    Any one have a fix for this?
    01-07-2012 10:34 PM
    Try settings, sounds turn off "change with buttons and slide the volume bar all the way to the right, worked for me.
    Jeta1
    01-08-2012 12:31 AM
    Yeah no luck.

I can manually set the audio to route to the iPhone if I open the Music app, but it resets to SYNC if I get a call. Grrr
    01-08-2012 04:55 PM
    I have no problems getting tones if I'm playing music thru USB thru SYNC I get them all... If you're listening to the radio and it's hooked up USB this is a SYNC glitch NOT iOS ...

Same thing happens with a cheap crappy car charger
    01-08-2012 11:56 PM
    It's not hooked up to USB, just setting in the car connected via Bluetooth.
    01-16-2012 10:52 AM
    Of the record, but i cant upload pictures on this forum anymore. Get error code 2. Any one else has this problem ?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-16-2012 10:55 AM
    It's not hooked up to USB, just setting in the car connected via Bluetooth.
    Well that makes more sense, with anything connected Bluetooth all alerts / sounds are routed thru the Bluetooth device (this case sync) - same as it would a headset, therefore unless you're listening to music Bluetooth or USB via your phone you won't due to syncs capabilities or lack of them
    01-16-2012 01:34 PM
    Not true, with my BlackBerry tones were only routed through the speakers while using Bluetooth streaming. If I was listening to another source the alerts came from the phone.
    01-16-2012 02:00 PM
    Also just switched from BB to iPhone, and used both in my Ford Fusion. Ford SYNC is an AWESOME product, but it's also a glorified beta, and there are all kinds of inherent problems with it that require patience and workarounds.

I never had the text/mail alerts set up with my BB so I don't know if they work with my 4s. I'm just glad that both the calls and Bluetooth Audio Stream work in my car, because those are most important for me. Phonebook is a little more touch-and-go, but it's something I can deal with.
    01-17-2012 10:32 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. If I double tap the home button while in locked screen, there is a little orange arrow in upper right where I can select whether the sounds should go to SYNC or to iPhone, but it always defaults to SYNC. So annoying, I miss a ton of notifications because I don't hear them while listening to the radio. But I use Bluetooth for conversations all the time. just wish the notification sounds could go through the phone
    03-19-2013 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD