I've got a 4S running 5.0.1 and have it integrated with my work's Microsoft Exchange server. One thing I notice - I get the Calendar Meeting notification 15 minutes prior to the meeting (which is good) but I also get it when someone initially sends me an invite (not good). I would have expected the original invite to just come across as a new email notification instead of acting the same as a meeting notification.

Has anyone determined how to only get the notification when the meeting reminder occurs?

Thanks.
    01-06-2012 10:42 PM
    It's annoying as he!!. Especially if you're on the phone when the invite comes in.
    01-07-2012 10:49 AM
    OP (and Alli), I'm assuming you're alluding to the Calendar app notifications from the Exchange Server you're opting to silence - once while on the phone did it for me too. The iOS 5 setting that silenced new meeting invitation sounds for my devices:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > turn off New Invitation Alerts.
    DZD and Alli like this.
    01-07-2012 04:30 PM
    OP (and Alli), I'm assuming you're alluding to the Calendar app notifications from the Exchange Server you're opting to silence - once while on the phone did it for me too. The iOS 5 setting that silenced new meeting invitation sounds for my devices:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > turn off New Invitation Alerts.
    Awesome - Thank you! I didn't notice that setting before.
    01-07-2012 06:22 PM
    I get an invitation so infrequently I never thought to look - thanks!!
    01-08-2012 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD