Bluetooth voice commands and siri

NewBBUser2

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a BB convert to iPhone 4s. I love my iPhone, except I am having a problem getting the voice dialing from the bluetooth in my car to work when siri is turned on.

When siri is turned on and I press the button in my car to activate the bluetooth connection with my phone the connection is made, I give the command "voice", I hear two dings, silence for about 5 seconds, a single ding, and then my bluetooth responds with "goodbye" and then disconnects. When I look at the screen on my iPhone the siri display is shown.

If I turn siri off and I press the button in my car to activate the bluetooth connection with my phone the connection is made, I give the command "voice", I hear two dings, I can then say "call name" or "call number" and the call will go through. When I look at the screen on my iPhone the a blank screen is displayed with the words "COMMAND CONTROL" across the top of the screen.

I can get used to the two dinngs as a prompt versa the "say a command prompt" on the BB.

I am I missing something in my setup where siri and the bluetooth will work together for voice dialing or do I need an add-on app so the two of them play nice together?

I can answer calls without any problems.

Any suggestion or help is appreciated.

TIA

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know this too. I recently tired the Jawbone Era and had to return it because it did not associate with siri very well.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Turn off the voice prompts on the jawbone (using the setup function on your PC) and the it will work with SIRI.

To use SIRI for voice activate dialing in my car using BT, I end up activating SIRI with the home button on my car. Haven't figured out how to activate SIRI directly with steering wheel controls on my 2008 BMW.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.846231,-73.727378

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I did turn off voice prompts on the jawbone, plus i installed the voice command for jawbone. I could access siri but the problem came when i told siri to call home, or anyone for that matter. It would make the call but i would lose audio. They could hear me but i couldn't hear them. kinda defeats the purpose of having a blue tooth device if i can't tell siri to call someone for me. I took it back to the store. I don't have bluetooth in my vehicle so i am stuck with trying to do it this way or use a wired set. I guess im stuck with wired for now. I know that works :)

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I posted this way back on Nov. 15, 2011. Never got a reply on how to solve this problem. Hope someone can come up with a way for SIRi to butt out.
POSTED:
TiPb: Hope this is the right Thread-Siri and mobile speaker (by jerry5k)
http://forums.tipb.com/showthread.php?p=1806024
ONE CONCERN-On my car mobile speaker device,when I click to ask it to call someone Siri appears on my iPhone and I have to ask her to set up the call.
Is there any way to stop her from appearing and go back to just asking my mobile speaker device to place the call?

(did a SEARCH but could find no answer)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2