iPhone 4S will vibrate but not ring

Shineshop

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have searched to no end but not found any concrete answers regarding this. My iPhone 4s will sometimes vibrate but will not ring when receiving calls which leads to me missing a lot of calls. The ring/vibrate switch IS set to ring and the volume is turned all he way up - the ring tone is also set correctly. I have seen other people having the same problem but no resolution. I'm trying a restore now but any suggestions would be very helpful.

Kolapso

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my 4S, read on these forums that it was the switch above the volume buttons, it should be flicked towards the screen for the phone to be in "non-vibrate mode" :D It worked for me, hope it helps!

Reactions: mmmair

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my 4S, read on these forums that it was the switch above the volume buttons, it should be flicked towards the screen for the phone to be in "non-vibrate mode" :D It worked for me, hope it helps!

Did you read his post? The switch is in the correct position for it to ring.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Good deal. That restore is awesome, and it's a heckuva lot better than the factory reset on the Android. A lot faster and easier...

Shineshop

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The mystery continues....it stopped working again. I removed all custom ringtones just in case and restored the phone again and it seems to be working again. I dock the phone at night in an iHome alarm clock - anyone think this might be causing any problems?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try a restore without loading a backup for a day if prob gos away then you know it's something in your backup file ..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jmeguiar

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Iphone not ringing

I have found that my Iphone quite ringing as well.
I found that a few people were having problems with theirs as well after a Skype upodate.
Once Apple came out with a new update to their software, my iphone rang again.
It now has happened again and it happened to be just after Skype did an update.
Not sure if you have skype or not but it tends to be what appears to be the problem with my phone. :confused:

eyosef

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hold down the Home+On/Off buttons simultaneously, until you see the Apple logo appear. Release and continue to as usual by entering the passcode, if there is one.
Make sure that the Sound settings are set normally to ring. There you are! It will work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My 4S will not ring only vibrating. I have done a reset, made sure my ringer is on. Still wont ring.

Do the following:
1. On the left side of the screen, flip the switch to the up position.
2. Press the up volume button until all the bars are displayed
3. Go to Settings-Notifications-Phone and then still down and select "Ringtone". Tap the ringtone to make sure you hear it. If you do, great. You're done. If not, select another ringtone to test.

lakelife

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Have the same problem on 4s. I found that if you are connected via bluetooth, the audio does not come via speaker, i.e. No RING. I have an at&t bluetooth phone and if iPhone is connected, not ring. Kill connection and the ring works. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods