iPhone 4S will vibrate but not ring

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my iphone 5c. Help!

If you're referring to your device vibrating, but not ringing, then check the mute switch on the upper left side of the device. Also, go to Settings - Sounds and make sure that the lever underneath "Ringer and Alerts" is moved from the left to a volume level that's suitable for you. I'm assuming you have an alert tone already set.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine does or did the same thing. I use Magic Jack on my iPhone. Other phone services are too expensive. Anyway I thought that was Magic Jacks fault. My iPad rings with Magic Jack.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

dsrtrosy

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Here's a fix that I read about on Apple support that actually worked for me (although for some reason I keep forgetting it):

If you happen to have more than one cord to charge your 4S - for example, an older cord from a 3 or an iPod that you use in the car and the one that came with the phone that you use in the house - the older cord is going to cause some kind of mistake in your settings. They don't look wrong, but they behave wrong.

If you do a hard boot of the phone and make sure to only charge it with the cord it came with, it fixes it every time. So weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods