iPhone or "iPod" ? which are you using?

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I use a iPod touch 4 gen (32gb) and windows phone Nokia Lumia 710 for my phone.. Love my iPod for music and apps.. Gotta have both devices though..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input :)
I have been using my iPhone as an "iPod" (because hey, isn't that what the whole apple package is? all in one everything?!!) and so far i haven't noticed any more battery drain then normal - i usually charge the phone around dinner time anyway if its getting low and i know I'm gonna be playing with it, cause someone (hubby) will be hogging the iMac lol. I'm keeping the old iPod touch around until it dies for good - for those camping trips into the wilds where i won't want my phone exposed to the elements. (until i find the perfect weather proof case.. baby steps lol)

also, I've downloaded the free Scout navigation (haven't had a chance to play with it yet) , map quest (have used it, and it got me where i needed to be but not 100% loving it), Motion X (seems to be my favorite one so far.. paid the $9.99 for one yr of voice guidance) ... and tried the Navigon ... ended up calling apple and requesting a refund.. did not like it AT ALL. Did not find it user friendly. they gave me a refund, no problem. I really wish they'd give you a free trial period.. even just 7 days would work.

now i just need to find a dashboard mount that will not bounce my phone around.....
:)

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
16 Gig iPhone for my Workout at the Gym, only put music on there because I rather have less in my pocket while I am running.

4 Gig iPod nano 3G, for the car ride to work and just a small lil music player. Still need to put more music on there.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
For my iHome dock, I use my iPod Nano. My case on my iPhone is stretching out from removing it to dock on the iHome so I use my iPod. For workouts at the gym and when I'm in the barn with the horses, it's the iPhone.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like its split on who uses the iphone exclusivly and who also still uses an ipod. I have loaded over 400 songs on my iphone... Have not used it in the car yet but have used it with headphones. I have the ipod touch ready to go as well. The other day i pulled the ipod touch out of my purse and was playing with it. While doing so i had a thought come to mind that i needed to call my son - and was momentarily perplexed when i couldnt make the call. When i realized i had the ipod in my hand i chuckled and thought how perfect my iphone is. <3 it really is "all you need"

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks like its split on who uses the iphone exclusivly and who also still uses an ipod. I have loaded over 400 songs on my iphone... Have not used it in the car yet but have used it with headphones. I have the ipod touch ready to go as well. The other day i pulled the ipod touch out of my purse and was playing with it. While doing so i had a thought come to mind that i needed to call my son - and was momentarily perplexed when i couldnt make the call. When i realized i had the ipod in my hand i chuckled and thought how perfect my iphone is. <3 it really is "all you need"

LOL !! thats something i would do too !!

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Saw a woman at the gym on Friday using both. She had her iPhone on the tray on the treadmill but was listening to music on her iPod.
Thats funny. I would prob do that.. still getting use to the whole "i don't need my iPod anymore"... and its always in my purse "just in case" lol. Going on a 5 mile hike next weekend. stressing over whether or not i use the phone, or iPod. weather pending, and I've been searching for reviews on "waterproof" cases... if its raining and its in my pocket, or falls in the snow........ ahhhhh... hurts to think about it.. lol. if i don't find a case i like, and its questionable, i may just use the iPod and put the phone in my backpack, wrapped and protected like a baby.. .in case i fall on my a$$ ...... :D

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Thats funny. I would prob do that.. still getting use to the whole "i don't need my iPod anymore"... and its always in my purse "just in case" lol. Going on a 5 mile hike next weekend. stressing over whether or not i use the phone, or iPod. weather pending, and I've been searching for reviews on "waterproof" cases... if its raining and its in my pocket, or falls in the snow........ ahhhhh... hurts to think about it.. lol. if i don't find a case i like, and its questionable, i may just use the iPod and put the phone in my backpack, wrapped and protected like a baby.. .in case i fall on my a$$ ...... :D

Lifeproof makes an excellent waterproof case

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a 64 gb iPhone 4s. I also have a 160gb iPod classic I mostly use the iPhone for music

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fab465

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Have iPhone touch and classic ... Use classic mainly for car touch for home docking systems just got iPhone right before Christmas find myself using that more and more though

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73