that will password protect my text messages. 1st day with my new iphone and am so far loving it over my Droid X but really need something that will do this.

Thanks!
    01-02-2012 06:27 PM
    Hi GrantPadre, welcome to tipb

I'm not sure if there's an app, but have you considered setting a pw to lock your iPhone overall? Settings/general/passcode lock.
    You will need to enter your pw every time to access your iPhone.

Congrats on your new iPhone, glad to hear your enjoying it
    01-02-2012 06:31 PM
    Hi GrantPadre, welcome to tipb

I'm not sure if there's an app, but have you considered setting a pw to lock your iPhone overall? Settings/general/passcode lock.
    You will need to enter your pw every time to access your iPhone.

Congrats on your new iPhone, glad to hear your enjoying it
    That's what it's on right now but it's kind of a pain. With both my old blackberry and droid there was an app available to password protect my texts so I could turn it on/off whenever I wanted and wouldn't have to type a password every time I picked my phone back up when I got a text.
    01-02-2012 06:51 PM
    That's what it's on right now but it's kind of a pain. With both my old blackberry and droid there was an app available to password protect my texts so I could turn it on/off whenever I wanted and wouldn't have to type a password every time I picked my phone back up when I got a text.
    Yea I can understand having to type in your pw every time you need to access your iPhone to become a PITA. that's why I don't even use one on mine at all.

I did a search in the app store using all sorts of key words to try to find something for you but I had no luck. I used SMS lock, lock my text, text message lock, lock my SMS.

The only other thing that could possibly have something like that would be if you JB your iPhone. Someone that has theirs JB could prob tell you if it's an option or not. I'm not sure if there's a JB avail for iOS5.0.1 yet either. I honestly don't pay attention to that because I have no intentions of JB mine at all, sorry.
    01-02-2012 07:11 PM
    Thanks for trying...since I'm brand new to iphones I know nothing about what JB does let alone the pros/cons.

I suppose for now I will just have to make sure my phone doesn't leave my pocket lol
    01-02-2012 07:37 PM
    You can turn the message preview off and passcode lock your phone and then you won't have to worry about it being in your pocket or not
    01-02-2012 07:39 PM
    Thanks for trying...since I'm brand new to iphones I know nothing about what JB does let alone the pros/cons.

I suppose for now I will just have to make sure my phone doesn't leave my pocket lol
    np and yw. As for the JB thing, it allows you to customize alot more on your iPhone as far as appearance, apps, and how things function by installing an app store called "Cydia". Just as an example, you'd be able to install themes just like you would on a blackberry, as well as using customized weather icons, custom battery meters, custom "slide to unlock" icons..... things of that nature.

i've created custom bw sets, batex icons and used 100's of themes when i had my bb--now i'm quite content not having to 'worry' about dwlding anything like that. I love the function of my iphone just as is
    Last edited by Pink; 01-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    01-02-2012 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD