Who actually turns off their iPhone?

Do you turn of you iPhone?

• Total voters

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I never turn mine off. Although when I had my Blackberries I had them set to shut off late at night and turn on before I woke up.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
^ You can't turn it off while charging. My iPhone will be on for months at a time- it literally never goes off.

I turn mine off every night before I charge it. Dont know what you mean by "can't turn it off while charging." i do it every night.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have no signal at work and I work 12 hour shifts so I turn it off when I'm there. Anyone who keeps their phone on with no signal will come back to a dead phone at the end of the shift. If you keep your phone on in dead zones for long periods of time it seems to me that you're shortening the long term battery life of a phone.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have no signal at work and I work 12 hour shifts so I turn it off when I'm there. Anyone who keeps their phone on with no signal will come back to a dead phone at the end of the shift. If you keep your phone on in dead zones for long periods of time it seems to me that you're shortening the long term battery life of a phone.

you could just put it in airplane mode if you wanted to use other non-data functions like music, etc..

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Why would it be?

Strange thing about the iPhone, it doesn't really go off often. It will be on for months or years. Can the battery handle it?

I turn mine off every night before I charge it. Dont know what you mean by "can't turn it off while charging." i do it every night.

I'll turn it off, put it in the charger, then it just turns right back on. Whenever I put it on the charge.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll turn it off, put it in the charger, then it just turns right back on. Whenever I put it on the cha rge.

strange... very strange.

are you holding the on/off button then sliding to turn off?

Well now, this is interesting. I've always just shut it off, plugged in in to charge and seen the little apple logo. then I usually just walk away. Well I plugged it in at work and waited to see what it would do and voila! the charging bar illuminated and the phone turned back on... So I guess you're correct...

Yet sometimes in the morning after I take it off the charger, I have to hit the on/off button to turn it on.. other times it seems to be "on" after I take it off the charger.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Strange thing about the iPhone, it doesn't really go off often. It will be on for months or years. Can the battery handle it?

I'll turn it off, put it in the charger, then it just turns right back on. Whenever I put it on the charge.

Again, you need to plug it in first, then turn it off. The order matters.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon
Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I used to turn it off every night, then I got an arrow...
oh wait, bad joke. That's so cliche.
Actually I'm surprised to see so many people do turn off theirs. I never do.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Again, you need to plug it in first, then turn it off. The order matters.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

I didn't know this either. When my older daughter go her i4 in July2010, she would sometimes turn it off at night, then plug in--only to find it turned itself back on when she took it off the counter in the a.m. LOL We used to scratch our heads over this, because i didn't know either !! Then one day she plugged in and THEN turned off-- haha !! We both were like, "oooooh" LMAO !!

Thanks for sharing this helpful info laelipoo:)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm surprised this thread is still going. My PC stays on. My phones stay on. If i don't want to be disturbed, i mute it or put in airplane mode. What is the point in turning it off completely?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh