View Poll Results: Do you turn of you iPhone?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's always on

90 73.77%
  • I turn it off sometimes

34 27.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Nope. Why would it be?
    Strange thing about the iPhone, it doesn't really go off often. It will be on for months or years. Can the battery handle it?

I turn mine off every night before I charge it. Dont know what you mean by "can't turn it off while charging." i do it every night.
    I'll turn it off, put it in the charger, then it just turns right back on. Whenever I put it on the charge.
    01-03-2012 05:01 PM
    I'll turn it off, put it in the charger, then it just turns right back on. Whenever I put it on the cha rge.
    strange... very strange.

are you holding the on/off button then sliding to turn off?

Well now, this is interesting. I've always just shut it off, plugged in in to charge and seen the little apple logo. then I usually just walk away. Well I plugged it in at work and waited to see what it would do and voila! the charging bar illuminated and the phone turned back on... So I guess you're correct...

Yet sometimes in the morning after I take it off the charger, I have to hit the on/off button to turn it on.. other times it seems to be "on" after I take it off the charger.
    01-03-2012 05:36 PM
    Strange thing about the iPhone, it doesn't really go off often. It will be on for months or years. Can the battery handle it?

I'll turn it off, put it in the charger, then it just turns right back on. Whenever I put it on the charge.
    Again, you need to plug it in first, then turn it off. The order matters.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-03-2012 07:32 PM
    It turns off??
    01-03-2012 08:08 PM

Well, well now... don't I just feel dumb? haha Is it charging though? I might have to find out.

Thankss!!
    01-03-2012 08:12 PM
    Well, well now... don't I just feel dumb? haha Is it charging though? I might have to find out.

Thankss!!
    Yes. It's charging.
    01-03-2012 08:15 PM

This I did not know.. thanks for the tip!!!
    01-03-2012 08:58 PM
    This I did not know.. thanks for the tip!!!
    Very welcome.

01-03-2012 09:41 PM

Thankss!!
    It is. Super promise.

01-03-2012 09:42 PM
    I used to turn it off every night, then I got an arrow...
    oh wait, bad joke. That's so cliche.
    Actually I'm surprised to see so many people do turn off theirs. I never do.
    01-04-2012 12:58 PM
    why sould i switch it off???? ... alwayes on
    01-04-2012 02:10 PM
    i turn it off every night
    01-04-2012 03:37 PM
    do people on life support systems turn it off?? no.

my iPhone is my life support system
    01-05-2012 08:40 AM

I didn't know this either. When my older daughter go her i4 in July2010, she would sometimes turn it off at night, then plug in--only to find it turned itself back on when she took it off the counter in the a.m. LOL We used to scratch our heads over this, because i didn't know either !! Then one day she plugged in and THEN turned off-- haha !! We both were like, "oooooh" LMAO !!

Thanks for sharing this helpful info laelipoo
    01-05-2012 08:50 AM
    I'm surprised this thread is still going. My PC stays on. My phones stay on. If i don't want to be disturbed, i mute it or put in airplane mode. What is the point in turning it off completely?
    01-05-2012 09:12 AM
    I didn't know this either. When my older daughter go her i4 in July2010, she would sometimes turn it off at night, then plug in--only to find it turned itself back on when she took it off the counter in the a.m. LOL We used to scratch our heads over this, because i didn't know either !! Then one day she plugged in and THEN turned off-- haha !! We both were like, "oooooh" LMAO !!

Thanks for sharing this helpful info laelipoo
    No problem

01-05-2012 10:38 AM
    Even my technology deserves some vacation time.

01-05-2012 10:39 AM
    The only time it's off is when it is out of battery!
    01-05-2012 12:47 PM
    I turn mine off when I go to bed. Reason been is that I go to bed to sleep so what would be the point in leaving my iPhone on, just so that I could be wakened up by someone ringing the wrong number.
    01-05-2012 03:29 PM
    never turn it off.
    I use it as an alarm. Also its my primary phone which means a phone call may just be important enough to wake up and answer.
    I don't hear the text sound as I sleep so that's a non-issue. Same for emails and apps.
    01-05-2012 04:45 PM
    The only time mine ever gets turned off is when I reboot it. I use it as my alarm so I just silence it at night.

Sent via smoke signals
    01-05-2012 04:57 PM
    Not unless I have to. Which is almost never.

"Hello my name is Kristy. I am an Appleholic"
    01-05-2012 05:16 PM
    I do not turn my 4S off for an extended period of time but I like to reboot it at lease once per week just like I do with my PC. My experience with any device with an operating system is that rebooting every now and then helps clean out the cobwebs.
    01-05-2012 05:41 PM
    I don't see a big reason to turn it off, mine is always on. I even use it during school.
    01-05-2012 08:11 PM
    My 4S was acting odd yesterday - it would not reconnect to wifi networks. I was at work and I noticed this, I had to go into settings and tell it to connect to our wifi. Then after lunch the same thing again. Finally I got home and found that it was doing it at home too. I turned the iPhone and then let it stay off for a while and after starting it up again it connected to the home wifi with no problem. Today at work it reconnected to the wifi with no problems. So there is at least one reason for turning off the iPhone; to reset it for troublesome behavior.
    Last edited by ricnmar; 01-10-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    01-06-2012 10:05 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD