verizon iphone 4, going to europe

njsonja

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
okay, what are my options as far as a plan goes?

i'm unfamiliar with traveling with an iphone..

any help is appreciated?

thanks,

sonja

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'd be better off with an iPhone4S - it's much more compatible for European travel. Verizon can set up up with coverage... or with the GSM part of the iPhone4S unlocked, you can get a SIM from any provider in Europe and have somewhat reasonably priced service.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Another idea would be to stick to wifi at Internet cafes or any hotel you're staying at and use Skype/Line2/other VoIP for calls and messages. I did this in the Turks and Caicos and had no problems communicating through FB, etc.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
okay, what are my options as far as a plan goes?

i'm unfamiliar with traveling with an iphone..

any help is appreciated?

thanks,

sonja

The Verizon iPhone 4 won't work in Europe since it's just a CDMA iPhone an unlocked 4S from Apple is your best bet like I as been stated

B

bonesb

Adding to a few good ideas, you'll not be needing that iPhone 4 in Europe - there's no SIM for voice or data, if you really want to bring your VZW number with you, consider buying a VZW world phone online, you'll be spending between $125-$150. If you must have data, look for a used HTC Imagio - it's old WinMo 6.5.1 with Sense, but it's got the right radios for Europe and VZW will still activate them for use in Europe (if the ESN isn't bad). If voice calls are the only thing that matter and you want to bring your VZW number with you, one can still find a new Motorola Z6C or Samsung Renown or LG Fathom (all of which VZW will activate for use in Europe), and I've seen the LG new for about $100 on Amazon.

Or spend way more and upgrade to a shiny new iPhone 4S...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Remember i think if u change to a world phone that has no data u might loose your unlimited data on your line if u have it .. If it is a smart phone then u will be ok .. I have a bb bold 9650 that has CDMA and gsm that would work and u can find them pretty cheap on Craigslist

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro