I'd like to be able to resize the text when pinching to zoom beyond what the browser typically does. For example, you double-tap, text isn't big enough, so you pinch to zoom, and the text on the page doesn't reformat. Is there any way to fix this?
    12-31-2011 08:51 PM
    are you talking about like android does? i looked over all the settings and couldn't find if it could...

maybe there's a tweak when there is a jailbreak out?

I would also like to know
    01-01-2012 05:34 AM
    Settings, General, Accessibility, turn zoom on. This allows you to zoom in even further than pinch to zoom allows. I'm not sure if this completely solves your issue but it is at least a temporary fix. You can actually perform this zoom anywhere on the phone, even on the home screen!
    01-01-2012 01:33 PM
    Settings, General, Accessibility, turn zoom on. This allows you to zoom in even further than pinch to zoom allows. I'm not sure if this completely solves your issue but it is at least a temporary fix. You can actually perform this zoom anywhere on the phone, even on the home screen!
    I tried that before posting, and it didn't really do what I was looking for. Thanks anyway.
    01-01-2012 05:55 PM
    are you talking about like android does? i looked over all the settings and couldn't find if it could...

maybe there's a tweak when there is a jailbreak out?

I would also like to know
    Yes, exactly. Like the android browser does.
    01-01-2012 05:56 PM
    no, you can't
    01-01-2012 07:10 PM
    no, you can't
    Not totally true!

Try this.

Add this as a bookmark in safari under maybe a header that says increase font size. Now everytime you want bigger text on a webpage you are viewing. Just go to bookmarks and click on the increase font size bookmark and Voila. Bigger text for the current page!

javascript:for(i=0;i%3Cdocument.getElementsByTagNa me%20('*').length;i++)void(document.getElementsByT agName('*'%20)%5Bi%5D.style.fontSize='18pt');

The fontsize 18pt is really the one that ask safari to switch font to that size. So that does not stop you from using 15 or 25 or whatever and how many bookmarks for the various sizes you want....
    Last edited by oliverpool; 01-05-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Additional comments
    Laelipoo likes this.
    01-05-2012 12:25 AM
    You may already know this, but for some websites, after the page has loaded a "Reader" button will appear in the address bar. Pressing it will remove all extraneous images, ads, etc., and present the content in a reader format. In the reader format, you can use the icons to increase (or decrease) font sizes as well as switching to a nightime view - where the background is black and the letters are white - great for reading in bed with the lights out.

Here's a before and after pic - notice the "Reader" button in the address bar on the left image and the increase/decrease font on the top left of the right image.

RhonnieNYC likes this.
    01-05-2012 09:29 AM
    Not totally true!

Try this.

Add this as a bookmark in safari under maybe a header that says increase font size. Now everytime you want bigger text on a webpage you are viewing. Just go to bookmarks and click on the increase font size bookmark and Voila. Bigger text for the current page!

javascript:for(i=0;i%3Cdocument.getElementsByTagNa me%20('*').length;i++)void(document.getElementsByT agName('*'%20)%5Bi%5D.style.fontSize='18pt');

The fontsize 18pt is really the one that ask safari to switch font to that size. So that does not stop you from using 15 or 25 or whatever and how many bookmarks for the various sizes you want....
    That does work well, thanks for the tip!

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    01-05-2012 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD