odd thing at apple store...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I keep my iPhone 4s in an air tight and temperature controlled safety deposit box down at the bank. It makes it really inconvenient to make calls or text anyone, but all my connectors have remained absolutely pristene since I started doing this. While this may eliminate the need for a protective case, I still use a flet lined case to keep it in..
......:cool:......

lol:D :D

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have never had a problems with my charging ports however I agree with the poster that mentioned taking your phone into the bathroom while taking a shower. Not good for it

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I keep my iPhone 4s in an air tight and temperature controlled safety deposit box down at the bank. It makes it really inconvenient to make calls or text anyone, but all my connectors have remained absolutely pristene since I started doing this. While this may eliminate the need for a protective case, I still use a flet lined case to keep it in..
......:cool:......

LOL. Funny yet true.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
:)just to add my 2 cents....alot of people also dont realize that bringing their cell phone(regardless of what type) into the bathroom when they shower, that the steam could also cause water damage to your phone. SO if your one of those people that do this, i'd suggest getting an aqua pac or a waterproof pac to put your phone into while hanging out as you shower.

Ziplock Baggie works great in the shower

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had 4 iPhones and have had various kinds of cases, none had the charging port covered. I've never had a problem.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All I know is, my iPhone is Freeballing it. Feeling that fresh air under there. Hahaha. I mean I bumped up my iPhones and they never had any problems. Maybe that phone had a defect, where we probably would heard another one of those news stories. "Another iPhone explodes in someones pants this time."

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a lifeproof and I am not impressed with it.

i had one as well. I tried it out for just about 2 days and didn't like it at all--it went right back to BestBuy. the concept is great, don't get me wrong. the case itself just wasn't for me. I'm an OB defender & speck cs kinda girl:)

Ziplock Baggie works great in the shower

mehhhh....i'd be leary about using just a basic zip lock bag. you never know if it could have a slight pin hole or a defect on one of the seals around the edges that could let moisture in.

I'd rather spend the 25-30$$ on an aqua pac--the material its made out of is thicker and more durable. One of the 2 pacs i have is 2+yrs old and is still in perfect condition:)

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I was skiing yesterday with the phone in my pants pocket. I took it out during a break and it had some moisture on the screen because the phone was subjected to ambient body heat while I ski. I suppose if you work out with it in your pocket that water damage could accumulate over time.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i had one as well. I tried it out for just about 2 days and didn't like it at all--it went right back to BestBuy. the concept is great, don't get me wrong. the case itself just wasn't for me. I'm an OB defender & speck cs kinda girl:)

Why would you prefer the bulky poorly designed otter box that lets all types of crap into it that rubs all over your phone and silicon that stretches and peels off when you pull it out your pocket over a lifeproof case??

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Why would you prefer the bulky poorly designed otter box that lets all types of crap into it that rubs all over your phone and silicon that stretches and peels off when you pull it out your pocket over a lifeproof case??

I don't think the OB defender is poor or bulky in design. I actually don't mind the bit of girth it adds to my phone. I like what I like and it's obvious you are all about the life proof:)
nothing wrong with that, but don't judge me by saying its a poorly designed case-it works for me and I love the way it is:)

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha....maybe he got some Mt Dew on his charger and, by transfer, got it in the port. That stuff can dissolve a mouse you know.:D

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the OB defender is poor or bulky in design. I actually don't mind the bit of girth it adds to my phone. I like what I like and it's obvious you are all about the life proof:)
nothing wrong with that, but don't judge me by saying its a poorly designed case-it works for me and I love the way it is:)

You tell 'em Pink!!!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You tell 'em Pink!!!

Well I have to disagree it really is a poor design, I mean for a case that's meant to fully protect a phone it does a pretty crap job, I was having to take my phone out at least twice a week to clean all the crap out that the case let in and every time I took the thing outta my pocket the silicon would peel off. Then the silicon got all stretched and wouldn't sit properly on the hard case.

Anyway yeah these days I'm all about LifeProof, I love not having to give a damn where I take my phone or what I use it to do, wether it be filming underwater or listening to the radio in the morning while I shower, since I've had it I have never had to take it off to clean anything out cause it doesn't let a single spec of dust in.

So really out of the two cases that are meant to give you FULL protection for your iPhone there's only one that actually does that.

Nuff said:p

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Oh yeah and I would never Judge anyone by a iPhone case that's sorta weird.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I have to disagree it really is a poor design, I mean for a case that's meant to fully protect a phone it does a pretty crap job, I was having to take my phone out at least twice a week to clean all the crap out that the case let in and every time I took the thing outta my pocket the silicon would peel off. Then the silicon got all stretched and wouldn't sit properly on the hard case.

Anyway yeah these days I'm all about LifeProof, I love not having to give a damn where I take my phone or what I use it to do, wether it be filming underwater or listening to the radio in the morning while I shower, since I've had it I have never had to take it off to clean anything out cause it doesn't let a single spec of dust in.

So really out of the two cases that are meant to give you FULL protection for your iPhone there's only one that actually does that.

Nuff said:p
:)ok shooter, so we will have to agree that we disagree on these 2 cases. The LifeProof offers what you want/need in a case and the defender offers me what I want/need out of it. When I tried the LifeProof I wasn't that impressed with it, just as you were not impressed with the defender.

As for you having issues with the silicone outer I don't understand that because I'm constantly taking mine in and out of my tech wristlet all day long, which my phone sits snugly into. I've even used the defender for a week at a time and never had a speck of dust in it either. As polished as my phone went into it, is as polished and clean it came out. So I'm guessing your line of work or environment of letting dust in could have been the culprit.

Any who, to each their own when it comes to cases and what they prefer:)

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
All I know is, my iPhone is Freeballing it. Feeling that fresh air under there. Hahaha. I mean I bumped up my iPhones and they never had any problems. Maybe that phone had a defect, where we probably would heard another one of those news stories. "Another iPhone explodes in someones pants this time."

Yeah, some call that either, the "full Monty", "sky-clad" or "going commando". On my phone, Siri is too modest to do that so she uses protection...:eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh