Could I risk without a screen protector

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Screen protector for sure! I just want the added protection AND I prefer the smooth feel and having no smudgy fingerprints on my screen! Power support anti-glare protectors are great. :)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
i find these 'no scratches' stories hard to believe'. you guys ever look at it in really really good light?

eh you dont have to believe me I dont care. all I know is my 4s has no scratches and its been in my pocket with keys and change no scratches I even looked with a magnifying glass

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine has a small hairline scratch on the screen and I always keep it in an interior pocket in my bag, designated only for my phone. No clue how it got there, but it's got a screen protector on it now. :(

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I use a Zagg screen protector. It gives you the protection and it still allows you to have the benefit of the retina display. I've used other protectors from AT&T, those would always have air bubbles, took away from the beauty of the screen and weren't compatible with my case (screen protector would always lift when I took the case off and on).

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
A couple weeks ago I pulled off the crystal clear that came with my Otterbox. Haven't considered a screen protector since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use a Zagg screen protector. It gives you the protection and it still allows you to have the benefit of the retina display. I've used other protectors from AT&T, those would always have air bubbles, took away from the beauty of the screen and weren't compatible with my case (screen protector would always lift when I took the case off and on).

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I tried Zagg before but couldn't stand the orange peal effect that it had or the texture of of it so I ended up taking it off. Maybe Zagg has improved this since the last time that I tried it, though.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I tried a Zagg, for the second time, the other day. The first time was an EPIC FAIL and I swore I would never use one again...but...this time it went perfectly! I am really happy with it! I know the iP4 has the "Gorilla Glass" But I always protect my screens. Life is tough! You never know what is going to happen! ;)

gonzoguy24

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
They Scratch

I have had an iphone 4 and now have a 4s. They scratch. First scratch was due to a rogue piece of sand at the beach. Other fine ones came after time. When I got the 4s I stuck with screen protectors. I go this route mainly for resale value. Cheers!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I tried a Zagg, for the second time, the other day. The first time was an EPIC FAIL and I swore I would never use one again...but...this time it went perfectly! I am really happy with it! I know the iP4 has the "Gorilla Glass" But I always protect my screens. Life is tough! You never know what is going to happen! ;)

I tried Zagg on my iP4 and even had them send me warranty replacement so I could reapply it. It still had an orange peel that I couldn't stand. Once I got the Otterbox defender last year, there was no need for a screen protector because the OD has one.

However, lately I have been using the Otterbox Commuter for my 2 month old iPhone 4S with the self adhesive screen protector it came with and it doesn't dull the brightness of the retina.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jlp916

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried Zagg on the last BB I owned and it was ok but not great. This time when I got the 4s I got the Power Support protectors from the Apple store and I really have been happy with it. I like that they even give you directions if you need to remove/reapply.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the white iPhone 4s and I hate the fact that screen protectors get dirty and consequently make my iphone look dirty. I just deal with it though because it's better than having my phone scratched up.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't have scratches either and I don't have a screen protector on mine. Even though it's never in my pocket or in a spot in my purse that can cause it harm. I am very careful with my devices on account I only keep them for 7-8 months.

ravee3rd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
They DO, in fact, get small scratches without a protector. I use an Anti-Glare from the AT&T store.

I usually don't use the anti-glare. They seem to alter the screen slightly. And an employee at the Apple Store told me that he'd advise not using them, either. He said the retna display is so beautiful--why put an anti-glare screen on that would alter it and nullify the retna display.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Mine doesn't have scratches either and I don't have a screen protector on mine. Even though it's never in my pocket or in a spot in my purse that can cause it harm. I am very careful with my devices on account I only keep them for 7-8 months.

I took off my screen protector that came with the Otterbox Commuter. I only have been using it this way for a week. I took it off because the screen protector was bubbling. So far, I see no scratches. I did, however, call Otterbox the other day and they are sending me a free screen protector replacement. I will hopefully install it better so it won't bubble.

I really am enjoying the beautiful retina screen without a screen protector BUT nervous using it without one as I can be clumsy.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a Zagg Kiosk put on a clear screen protector where they happened to be located right outside the Apple store where I bought my 4S and am glad I did and it also has a lifetime warranty once you register it. The smudges are minimal. Go to ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins and read about them. I love it and well worth the $20.00 - the discount they gave me for coming out of the apple store and getting it put right on.

buttonstc

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I would never consider going without one.

My 3G is in pristine condition without a scratch anywhere on the entire phone thanks to the asvic of the ATT rep who didn't want to let me leave the store without a case or a screen protector. He suggested that there were several cases which included a sp in the package. He even spent the extra time to put it on for me and he did a perfect job on it.

I hated the case which was a giant dust mwgnet cuz it was a soft sticky neoprene so I ended up getting a different case and returning the first to ATT since they give you 30 days.

But that screen protector has been on for three years with many a scratch on it that would have ended up on the phone.

If I were to sell my phone tomorrow I could get top dollar since it is in pristine condition thanks to the case and sp. Why wouldn't you choose a relatively cheap piece of plastic to protect an investment of several hundred dollars?

If you're having difficulty installing one, why not just go to your carrier or the apple store and find a nice salesman willing to do it for you? And if you don't like the way it looks or performs after few weeks, both places will give you a refund in that 30 day period.

As others have mentioned, its not a question of IF it will get scratched its just a matter of WHEN.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2