Could I risk without a screen protector

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Would the iPhone be durable with it? I mean I tried best skin ever and it gave a horrible result, orange skin, dust and scratches.

Even cheap adhesive ones don't work, so all I can do now is go without one... that a good idea?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is totally user preference. Fine scratches can happen but doesn't mean they will, so if you think you can be careful enough not to have sharp objects near your screen you'll probably be ok without one. As for myself, I prefer the added security that comes with having a screen protector on all of my iDevices. I use a Power Support HD screen protector on my 4 and soon to be 4S. Power Support protectors are very easy to apply and usually go on nicely on the first application.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Are the power supports good then? I'm trying to hunt one down that's easy to apply, after the Best Skin Ever attempt, I'm not impressed.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are the power supports good then? I'm trying to hunt one down that's easy to apply, after the Best Skin Ever attempt, I'm not impressed.

In my opinion, they're great. I've used them on all 3 of my iPhones, and the iPad 1 and 2. Supper easy to apply and believe it or not it went on correctly the first time I tried even on a screen as big as the iPad. You can get 2 protectors in a pack now for $14 which I think is a good price considering the protection that it offers.

Reactions: greatlovequotes

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes they do get small scratches over time. My last one I was SUPER careful with it and thought I was scratch free. I looked one day at the screen and when turning it slightly and getting the right angle, sure enough there was a scratch.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My husband removed every protector I put on his and within 24 hours of removing the last one he rendered his screen damn near useless. He had it in the same pocket with his keys and sat there all day with a key gouging at it, and it's not eligible for replacement bec it's "cosmetic".

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Wait, what? How could you have had 50 different iPhones, when Apple has only had like 5 of them so far?

Working in the cellular industry I'm constantly switching phones. Buying and selling. Changing colors, capacity.

I've already had three 4S's. Can't even count how many 4's, 3GS's, and 3G's. It's probably been more that 50 TBH.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Working in the cellular industry I'm constantly switching phones. Buying and selling. Changing colors, capacity.

I've already had three 4S's. Can't even count how many 4's, 3GS's, and 3G's. It's probably been more that 50 TBH.

Got it, that makes sense now.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I scratched mine up pretty bad. I had an extra one laying around. I messed up putting that one on. Right now, I can't seem to get this one air bubble out where i bent it taking it off. But i read up a little bit on how to clean them and minimize air bubbles. Cleaned it like 9 times. Surprised the adhesive is still there. Used tape to remove dust. Have like 3 tiny bubble specks, but no biggy. I needed that thing.
no WAY am i going to go without a screen protector or case

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 4S screen protector free and keep it in my pocket. So far, no scratches. I work in road construction too! :)

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I strongly recommend a screen protector, mainly because you never know when you may accidentally scrape something, be it your keys, when you slide your phone into your pocket. I really like the Zagg wet application screen protector. I found it easy to install and has a life time warranty on it. They are a little more money than the average screen protector but in my opinion are well worth it.

My husband has a cheap matte finish screen cover from ebay and he really likes the feel of it and has held up just as well as my Zagg.

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I handle my iPhone 4 like it's a new born baby, and I roll without a case or a screen protector. It's been that way since the first day I got it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox