I use zagg on my iPad and iPhones i don't take any chances with my daughter lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-01-2012 09:36 PM
    I don't like screen protectors on my iPhone .
    01-01-2012 10:42 PM
    I had my phone screen clear coated at a paint shop now all I do is wax it everyday and it shines
    01-02-2012 05:37 AM
    @Possession

You asked about US stores shipping to UK but I'm curious as to why you would go to all that bother. Don't the phone carrier stores in the UK carry screen protectors as well as other peripherals?

Hopefully they also have a friendly salesman willing to put it on to help you out?
    01-02-2012 12:25 PM
    As stated early on, it's a matter of personal preference. If you want to prevent scratches then use one. Being careful can help to mitigate possible scratches but it's not a guarantee. Do what works for you.
    01-02-2012 08:11 PM
    It's worth it to also get one of decent quality. The one I have on my iPod Touch came with the case is almost 3 years old and is in near perfect condition. I have a Droid X and I have a Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector on it and it has lasted over a year without picking up any scratches. Today I was looking at my daughter's iPod Touch and here screen protector is a mess and it's only a few months old. The one she used was 3 for $4.99. Pay a little more and get a good one.

Tomorrow I will be picking up an iPhone 4S and I need to decide which screen protector to get. Unless I find I better one I'll be getting the Steinheil.
    01-02-2012 09:25 PM
    I hate screen protectors...makes the screen feel odd and of the ones I've used in the past, it really did nothing for actually protecting it from anything outside of fingerprints.
    01-02-2012 09:41 PM
    i think the 4 and 4s both have gorilla screen. Screen protector just reduces the visibility and quality of screen. I didnt use it with 4 and none with 4s, but am very careful with it just in case.
    01-03-2012 12:03 AM
    I use the cheapest ones I can find on Ebay. Usually like 6 front and backs for like $5. I've never had any problems. I am very careful and near perfect getting them on. If I get one bubble I take it off and apply another. Have had mine since launch me and my husband and no need to take it off due to cases etc. Plenty of extras if need be.
    01-03-2012 01:31 AM
    I use a Zagg. I don't see the downside. Screen looks great and I only keep it at about 50% brightness.
    01-03-2012 07:07 AM
    When I owned an iPhone 3G in 2008. I used a Speck Products toughskin case and PowerSupport crystal clear screen protector. It was great. I had the iPhone 4 in an Otterbox defender and it was very protected but I didn't enjoy the retina screen as I felt the OD screen protector dulled the screen. I bought an iPhone 4S in November and I have been using 2 cases back and forth. The OD, OC with crystal clear screen protector and OC without screen protector. I am liking the OC without screen protector but in the back of my mind, I will probably reapply the screen protector shortly. The iPhone 4 and 4S does scratch and I don't want to risk it.
    01-03-2012 11:14 AM
    If you're going with a film, get the anti glare. I do not use a film on my iPhone or iPad and I have had no problems (3+ years). There again I don't surf or skate on mine and I don't use it as a frisbee. I just mean to say that I treat them as if I paid hundreds of dollars for them, oh, I did.
    01-03-2012 07:36 PM
    My recently replaced iPhone 4 is in my Otterbox Defender until I can purchase an anti-glare screen protector. I'm trying to keep it mint.
    Interesting thread. I have this question also...my wife and I just ordered Otterbox Reflex cases, which I think comes with one of those adhesive screen protectors, but otherwise would leave the skin exposed.

The "ridge" of most cases raises the glass away from most surfaces you would set it down on, so it's really just a question of whether you keep it in a pocket/purse with keys or anything that would scratch it.

My view is this: I would do anything reasonable to protect my expensive phone, but if the screen protector makes it look WORSE than it would even with a few superficial scratches, what's really the point? I used several film protectors on my BlackBerry (which was a smaller screen and NOT a touch screen) and they bubbled and peeled pretty easily. Also, if it inhibits the performance of the touch screen AT ALL (like pinch zoom, tapping, or sliding finger for games), that's not going to fly with me. Suppose I could try it out though.

(P.S. First post here - I'm a refugee from CrackBerry.com, iPhone 4s arriving next week. VERY excited)
    01-04-2012 10:45 AM
    I took a hard look at my 3GS that I've used for years without any cover or case, and honestly I can't see any scratch on the surface. Plenty of minor ones on the back, though.
    01-04-2012 12:49 PM
    Would the iPhone be durable with it? I mean I tried best skin ever and it gave a horrible result, orange skin, dust and scratches.

Even cheap adhesive ones don't work, so all I can do now is go without one... that a good idea?
    I had a screen protector with my 3gs first. When I got the 4 I tried one on, but it ruined the whole retina 'experience' so pilled it off. I'm just being careful since which has been for a while now. I would be more concerned about dropping the phone than scratching it.

Doron
    01-04-2012 01:10 PM
    All depends on where you're gonna take your phone, and what you're going to do with it. I've never had a case or a screen protector on any iPhone I've owned, and I've had about 15 by now. Nary a scratch.

Personally, I don't like the way my finger catches when I swipe it across a screen with a screen protector on it. YMMV.
    01-04-2012 02:58 PM
    I have never used a screen protector on any of my iPhones and have never gotten a scratch on it
    you are absolutely right

itunes.apple.com/us/app/love-quotes-for-moods-love/id354968601?mt=8
    App Store - Love quotes for Moods - Love quotes |Love poems | love spells | true love quotes for the heart
    01-05-2012 03:09 AM
    In my opinion, they're great. I've used them on all 3 of my iPhones, and the iPad 1 and 2. Supper easy to apply and believe it or not it went on correctly the first time I tried even on a screen as big as the iPad. You can get 2 protectors in a pack now for $14 which I think is a good price considering the protection that it offers.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    I think so

download love quotes for ipad
    itunes.apple.com/us/app/love-quotes-for-moods-love/id354968601?mt=8
    01-05-2012 03:12 AM
    Have the 4 since the debut without a screen protector and so far no scratches. It has been dropped several times and even threw it across the room into the dog kennel in a fit of rage (not at the dog) and is still in perfect shape.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.071067,-84.444809
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 07:06 AM
    I used screen protectors but every time I would go into the AT&T store and play around with the same phone that I had, there screen always looked so much better than mine. So I took mine off and have been content ever since. For me they just seem to ruin one of the main reasons I have the iP4S, the retina display. I will never use a screen protector again, I just try to be careful. If I get a scratch, it's just a phone and I will get the new iPhone each year anyway.
    01-05-2012 07:15 AM
    scratches add character
    01-05-2012 09:15 AM
    Would the iPhone be durable with it? I mean I tried best skin ever and it gave a horrible result, orange skin, dust and scratches.

Even cheap adhesive ones don't work, so all I can do now is go without one... that a good idea?
    I wouldn't recommend not using a screen protector on any Smart phone, much less an iPhone. I put a screen protector on my 4S and then put it inside of an Otterbox Defender case, which has a screen protector built in that not only protects the touch screen, but allows use of it as well. There is also the Ballistic case with built in screen protection as well. Protect your iPhone investment.
    01-05-2012 09:56 AM
    Never used one. Never had an issue. I use a flip case and the screen is protected by the case unless I'm using it, and my finger is not going to scratch it...
    01-05-2012 10:14 AM
    I carried my iphone 4 without any protection from launch day until I sold it in October 2011, and it didn't have any scratches. I inspected it very closely under a bright flashlight, sunlight, normal indoor light, etc, from various angles, and I couldn't see any scratches. I kept it in my left pocket with no other items (keys, coins).

I used the power support screen protector on my 3G, and I liked it: it was very easy to apply, and it didn't detract from the screen's appearance.
    01-05-2012 11:29 AM
    Considering the 4s screen is specifically designed to enhance the picture and resist fingerprints, wouldn't a screen protector interfere with that?
    MrMars likes this.
    01-05-2012 12:24 PM
125 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD