This proves that customer feedback can be a powerful thing and is best heeded when strong in numbers speak aloud. I just got a CNN Newsbreak with the following message:

Verizon Wireless to scrap proposed $2 fee for one-time payments, citing "customer feedback."

The $2 wouldn't have swayed me one way or the other, but the fact they dropped it behind customer feedback means something to me...
    12-30-2011 03:45 PM
    Between extreme negative PR, the FCC announcing a look into it, and I'm probably not wrong to think that any number of state's Attorneys General telling Verizon they were going to look at this as something that would trigger customers to cancel contracts without the wrath of ETFs being incurred made them back-pedal. Love it.
    12-30-2011 03:53 PM
    I would think they will just increase their $2.00 per customer per month target by adding it in amongst hidden charges, or maybe even for new customers and existing ones when they go to renew their contracts...

You can't really win against these companies except for shopping around when you can...or threaten to shop around when you can...lol

Glad to see they retracted though.
    12-30-2011 03:57 PM
    I didn't care either way but that's an extra 24 bucks in my pocket
    12-30-2011 04:35 PM
    I think Verizon was just testing the waters here. If they didn't get so many negative responses to this, there is no doubt they would have gone ahead with this.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    12-30-2011 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD