VZW customers might want read this

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What I just didn't understand about this was that they would have been charging for customers to do something that would actually save the company time and money. Isn't it easier/cheaper to pay online than send out invoices through the mail?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What I just didn't understand about this was that they would have been charging for customers to do something that would actually save the company time and money. Isn't it easier/cheaper to pay online than send out invoices through the mail?

I believe it would be cheaper than mailing them out each month. I think this was just a ploy to get more money out of the customer.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

tino72

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Glad they scrapped the 2$ idea for now, the only reason prob was because the fcc was getting involved not because they listened to us..i guess i can turn my paperless billing back on and go back to my old free online payment method..i was prepping my tongue to start licking stamps again and make them sort my check and bill;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As of late yesterday eastern time after the FCC started looking into this the CEO-PRES. of Verizon Wireless has taken back his issue on this matter stating that because of their customers and what they had to say they are now recinding this fee. It no longer exists.

If you remember the same girl who went on Facebook and got 250,000 signitures to have Bank Of America remove the proposed $5.00 fee for using your debit card, She got 50,000 + sigs. on this too and took on 2 big companies that bowed down.

I think also the FCC had alot to do with it.

Verizon scraps plan for $2 billing fee

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

And how may State Attorney Generals offices contacted Verizon about it? More than one is my guess... and the inquiry was on the lines of "tell us why this change does not constitute a material change in contract terms allowing consumers to cancel at will without incurring any Early Termination penalties..."

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
As of late yesterday eastern time after the FCC started looking into this the CEO-PRES. of Verizon Wireless has taken back his issue on this matter stating that because of their customers and what they had to say they are now recinding this fee. It no longer exists.

If you remember the same girl who went on Facebook and got 250,000 signitures to have Bank Of America remove the proposed $5.00 fee for using your debit card, She got 50,000 + sigs. on this too and took on 2 big companies that bowed down.

Verizon scraps plan for $2 billing fee

Not for nothing man but I seriously doubt that Facebook had much of any impact on BOA or Verizon.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not for nothing man but I seriously doubt that Facebook had much of any impact on BOA or Verizon.

Then you don't listen to the National News much do you? The girl who started the petitions on Facebook as I mentioned how many sigs. she got for both ALL major News carriers including New York Times and CNN and ALL local news gave her props for starting and getting the attn. of BOA and Verizon. I did not say she did it on her own but she sure had alot to do with bring the attn to the people who finally got all this non-sense stopped including the execs. of these companies.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Then you don't listen to the National News much do you? The girl who started the petitions on Facebook as I mentioned how many sigs. she got for both ALL major News carriers including New York Times and CNN and ALL local news gave her props for starting and getting the attn. of BOA and Verizon. I did not say she did it on her own but she sure had alot to do with bring the attn to the people who finally got all this non-sense stopped including the execs. of these companies.

Do you drive a Jaguar?

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
way off

Many of us take Facebook for granted, but social media has been a game changer for big corporations, governments, and really the world as a whole. Support can be rallied at the press of a keyboard, and where once we could only sit by helplessly as corporate greed and government oppression held us down, social networking has given us strength in numbers. To say companies like BofA and Verizon are not swayed by the likes of Facebook is shortsighted to say the least. Governments fear the power of social networking.....and last I checked, big corporations and government go hand in hand.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Over the course of a year at $2 comes out to $24. Its not alot of money, but why do i have to give that away just to pay a bill.

That's my point. My mortgage company charges me $19 to pay online and I am pretty sure that it's $25 or more to pay via a rep on the phone. I pay them enough every month and refuse to pay that much money for them to take my money. I am probably one of the few people on the planet who still write and mail checks every month. I don't pay anything online.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73