VZW customers might want read this

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Some people, like ME, dont like autopay. I have my reasons. I am not even with Verizon and I think this is BS.

So when a carrier makes a mistake and your $130 bill becomes $400 or whatever, that's ok? What if you can't cover it?

You have good points here. Idr if I said I'd set up auto pay in my original response in this thread, but I can say that it won't be an option for just for the reason ghostface pointed out.

I'll pay thru ACH to avoid the addt'l "$2 convience fee"

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll pay thru ACH to avoid the addt'l "$2 convience fee"

It appears that on MyVerizon, you can enter and save a checking account bank RTN and your account number for the ACH transaction... I'm going that route instead of my MyVerizon-saved debit card.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It appears that on MyVerizon, you can enter and save a checking account bank RTN and your account number for the ACH transaction... I'm going that route instead of my MyVerizon-saved debit card.

That sounds good kch -I'll be doing the same there then. I also used the MyVerizon-saved debit card route also.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
it's only $2 people. A lot of people in the forums make it sound like money isn't an issue, always naming all the expensive devices and such they own. Besides I get a 23% discount on my bill through my employer so I could care less

Sothpaw66

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Im not a Verizon customer but Verizon has some 70+ million users and they want to charge 2 bucks for online or phone payment processing. If only half the people pay by auto pay or check by mail that's 35 million x 2 bucks = 70 million dollars per month in processing fees, c'mon Verizon really.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Some people, like ME, dont like autopay. I have my reasons. I am not even with Verizon and I think this is BS.

Same here, I don't like autopay either. If AT&T does start this nonsense too, I'll write out a check every month and they can process that.....

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Talked with a Verizon employee today who was departing on a fight today. I chatted him up regarding the fee as I checked him in and he too thought it was a, and I quote, "huge kick in the nuts to the customer". Said he received a lot of calls and in store inquires of very upset customers.

I hope this goes the way of the banks wanting to charge customers to use their ATM cards. Enough people raised hell about that and most banks quickly got rid of it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think other carriers are going to sit back and watch how this thing plays out with Verizon. I'll bet if Verizon gets away with this without too much of an issue, the other carriers will quickly follow this price gauging trend.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Same here, I don't like autopsy either. If AT&T does start this nonsense too, I'll write out a check every month and they can process that.....

:eek: no one said anything 'bout autopsy's :p LOL (sorry Rose had to bust ya about that) I know you meant autopay, damn auto correct !! :p I wouldn't use autopay either;)

As for mailing a check out, I'll gladly do it that way with VzW also if need be. They can go scratch with this convience fee bullsh!t !!

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
:eek: no one said anything 'bout autopsy's :p LOL (sorry Rose had to bust ya about that) I know you meant autopay, damn auto correct !! :p I wouldn't use autopay either;)

As for mailing a check out, I'll gladly do it that way with VzW also if need be. They can go scratch with this convience fee bullsh!t !!

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Oh snap! I thought I could get through one day without a typo.
surprised-023.gif

Last edited:

dtdtdtdt1

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure all they are trying to do is recoup the money the credit card companies charge them, typically 2-4% for every transaction they accept. We run into this in our business and it costs us a lot of money at the end of the year.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
So when a carrier makes a mistake and your $130 bill becomes $400 or whatever, that's ok? What if you can't cover it?

Hadn't thought of that but good point. My work pays my cell so i'm not worried about screwups though i would still call and take care of them if it happened.

nate0708

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Good News!

Good news guys. Can't add a link as my post count is too low but they have already scrapped this idea. It's on MSN's homepage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR