It appears that on MyVerizon, you can enter and save a checking account bank RTN and your account number for the ACH transaction... I'm going that route instead of my MyVerizon-saved debit card.
    That sounds good kch -I'll be doing the same there then. I also used the MyVerizon-saved debit card route also.
    12-29-2011 04:20 PM
    it's only $2 people. A lot of people in the forums make it sound like money isn't an issue, always naming all the expensive devices and such they own. Besides I get a 23% discount on my bill through my employer so I could care less
    ghostface147 likes this.
    12-29-2011 11:24 PM
    I dont care if its 2 cents. Having to PAY to PAY your bill is beyond stupid. "Convenience fee" yeah f'ing right.
    kch50428 and General Tso like this.
    12-29-2011 11:35 PM
    Im not a Verizon customer but Verizon has some 70+ million users and they want to charge 2 bucks for online or phone payment processing. If only half the people pay by auto pay or check by mail that's 35 million x 2 bucks = 70 million dollars per month in processing fees, c'mon Verizon really.
    12-30-2011 01:29 AM
    Some people, like ME, dont like autopay. I have my reasons. I am not even with Verizon and I think this is BS.
    Same here, I don't like autopay either. If AT&T does start this nonsense too, I'll write out a check every month and they can process that.....

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 12-30-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    12-30-2011 09:34 AM
    Talked with a Verizon employee today who was departing on a fight today. I chatted him up regarding the fee as I checked him in and he too thought it was a, and I quote, "huge kick in the nuts to the customer". Said he received a lot of calls and in store inquires of very upset customers.

I hope this goes the way of the banks wanting to charge customers to use their ATM cards. Enough people raised hell about that and most banks quickly got rid of it.
    12-30-2011 09:34 AM
    I think other carriers are going to sit back and watch how this thing plays out with Verizon. I'll bet if Verizon gets away with this without too much of an issue, the other carriers will quickly follow this price gauging trend.

12-30-2011 09:50 AM
    Same here, I don't like autopsy either. If AT&T does start this nonsense too, I'll write out a check every month and they can process that.....

no one said anything 'bout autopsy's LOL (sorry Rose had to bust ya about that) I know you meant autopay, damn auto correct !! I wouldn't use autopay either

As for mailing a check out, I'll gladly do it that way with VzW also if need be. They can go scratch with this convience fee bullsh!t !!

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    12-30-2011 10:15 AM
    no one said anything 'bout autopsy's LOL (sorry Rose had to bust ya about that) I know you meant autopay, damn auto correct !! I wouldn't use autopay either

As for mailing a check out, I'll gladly do it that way with VzW also if need be. They can go scratch with this convience fee bullsh!t !!

Oh snap! I thought I could get through one day without a typo.

Last edited by Irish Rose; 12-30-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    12-30-2011 10:24 AM
    I'm pretty sure all they are trying to do is recoup the money the credit card companies charge them, typically 2-4% for every transaction they accept. We run into this in our business and it costs us a lot of money at the end of the year.
    FritzDaCat likes this.
    12-30-2011 11:29 AM
    So when a carrier makes a mistake and your $130 bill becomes $400 or whatever, that's ok? What if you can't cover it?
    Hadn't thought of that but good point. My work pays my cell so i'm not worried about screwups though i would still call and take care of them if it happened.
    12-30-2011 11:31 AM
    Oh snap! I thought I could get through one day without a typo. Click to view quoted image

Oh well, hey it happens !! I'm quite sure some of my post could be typo'd too.....

Eileen89 likes this.
    12-30-2011 11:54 AM
    Good news guys. Can't add a link as my post count is too low but they have already scrapped this idea. It's on MSN's homepage.
    12-30-2011 06:06 PM
    12-30-2011 06:11 PM
    Good news. Although I bet Verizon manages to sneak this in as something else in your bill. Greedy company.
    12-30-2011 06:53 PM
    Good news. Although I bet Verizon manages to sneak this in as something else in your bill. Greedy company.
    Aren't all companies greedy?

12-30-2011 06:58 PM
    Aren't all companies greedy?

A reflection of our society.
    12-30-2011 08:13 PM
    What I just didn't understand about this was that they would have been charging for customers to do something that would actually save the company time and money. Isn't it easier/cheaper to pay online than send out invoices through the mail?
    12-31-2011 08:10 AM
    What I just didn't understand about this was that they would have been charging for customers to do something that would actually save the company time and money. Isn't it easier/cheaper to pay online than send out invoices through the mail?
    I believe it would be cheaper than mailing them out each month. I think this was just a ploy to get more money out of the customer.

12-31-2011 08:34 AM
    Glad they scrapped the 2$ idea for now, the only reason prob was because the fcc was getting involved not because they listened to us..i guess i can turn my paperless billing back on and go back to my old free online payment method..i was prepping my tongue to start licking stamps again and make them sort my check and bill
    12-31-2011 04:50 PM
    As of late yesterday eastern time after the FCC started looking into this the CEO-PRES. of Verizon Wireless has taken back his issue on this matter stating that because of their customers and what they had to say they are now recinding this fee. It no longer exists.

If you remember the same girl who went on Facebook and got 250,000 signitures to have Bank Of America remove the proposed $5.00 fee for using your debit card, She got 50,000 + sigs. on this too and took on 2 big companies that bowed down.

I think also the FCC had alot to do with it.

Verizon scraps plan for $2 billing fee
    12-31-2011 06:20 PM
    And how may State Attorney Generals offices contacted Verizon about it? More than one is my guess... and the inquiry was on the lines of "tell us why this change does not constitute a material change in contract terms allowing consumers to cancel at will without incurring any Early Termination penalties..."
    12-31-2011 06:37 PM
    As of late yesterday eastern time after the FCC started looking into this the CEO-PRES. of Verizon Wireless has taken back his issue on this matter stating that because of their customers and what they had to say they are now recinding this fee. It no longer exists.

If you remember the same girl who went on Facebook and got 250,000 signitures to have Bank Of America remove the proposed $5.00 fee for using your debit card, She got 50,000 + sigs. on this too and took on 2 big companies that bowed down.

Verizon scraps plan for $2 billing fee
    Not for nothing man but I seriously doubt that Facebook had much of any impact on BOA or Verizon.
    01-01-2012 08:11 AM
    Not for nothing man but I seriously doubt that Facebook had much of any impact on BOA or Verizon.
    Then you don't listen to the National News much do you? The girl who started the petitions on Facebook as I mentioned how many sigs. she got for both ALL major News carriers including New York Times and CNN and ALL local news gave her props for starting and getting the attn. of BOA and Verizon. I did not say she did it on her own but she sure had alot to do with bring the attn to the people who finally got all this non-sense stopped including the execs. of these companies.
    01-01-2012 05:42 PM
    Then you don't listen to the National News much do you? The girl who started the petitions on Facebook as I mentioned how many sigs. she got for both ALL major News carriers including New York Times and CNN and ALL local news gave her props for starting and getting the attn. of BOA and Verizon. I did not say she did it on her own but she sure had alot to do with bring the attn to the people who finally got all this non-sense stopped including the execs. of these companies.
    Do you drive a Jaguar?
    01-01-2012 05:50 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD