FAILED Look at the video. Its very easy to take out

FAILED. The video is of a DroidX, not a Droid Razr.
    01-04-2012 02:34 PM
    Sorry, not new to the forum but new to posting. I had to post after seeing this topic. I had the Iphone4 and when the 5 didn't come out I thought I would get back at Apple and got the Razr. After having it for about a month, I guess jokes on me because I sold it on ebay and used my wives update and came back to the 4s. I have to laugh at the post about removing the battery and he post the youtube video on how to remove battery on the Droid X. Sorry dude you Can't remove the battery. Glad to be back to my iPhone. If i new you where looking for one I would have traded a Razr for the iPhone.
    your wrong! sorry i posted the wrong vid. I removed my battery using my nails. It can be done and doesnt take that long. No more then a minute or so. Now, its not meant to be taken apart just like the iphone but it can be taken off

DROID RAZR Battery is removable, If you dare | Android Community

01-06-2012 02:33 AM
    Android phone - Never gonna get laid

iPhone - ...Yea, you get it
    01-06-2012 02:56 PM
    I just 6 days ago made this same switch, iPhone 4s to Razr. Both phones are great I will mention my biggest observations.

1) Camera: iPhone 4s blows the Razr away in this category, not even close. iPhone 4s camera took darn near pro-quality pics for me. The Razr has a blue-tint to the pics and the colors just seem off. This sucks and after spending the day with my daughter in Chicago yesterday I am not sure if I can live with the Razr camera.

2) The thing that absolutely irritated me about the iPhone was that if you are trying to download something over 20MB in size, you HAVE to be on wifi. This is a PITA as if you are out and about and want to d/l a movie/tv show or app that is larger than 20MB you MUST find a wifi to do it.

3) MotoCast is AWESOME!!! I cant believe that others havent copied this yet and put it on their devices, talk about a great program. For those that dont know it is a program that gives you access to all your files/pics/music that is stored on your PC/laptop wirelessly. So I can access my stuff from my laptop that is sitting at home, while I am anywhere else.

4) Apps always seem to cost money in the App Store compared to the Android Market.

5) I really like the 4.3" screen vs the 3.5" size. The picture quality on both is tremendous but that extra real estate on the screen really is nice to have when watching movies/videos.

6) the overall performance of iOS seems to be smoother and less "complicated" than Android. What I mean is, let's say you have a first time smartphone user, I would be willing to guess that they could learn and navigate an iPhone easier than an Android device. iPhone's seems to pretty much be a "turn on and use" type device while Androids usually take some tinkering to getting it to work to ipotential.

7) Widgets.... never thought I would miss them, until I didnt have them on the iPhone. Also the ability to customize home screens and place widgets/icons anywhere I missed on the iPhone.

8) Notification area/bar. This is new for iOS and its done "ok" but no actual notification icons other than the pesky red circle with a number in it by the app/inbox that has a new notification. I would like to see notification icons at the top of the screen like Android/BlackBerry

9) Battery Life ... to me they are about even. I would get a days use out of my iPhone 4s (although no where near as good as my wife's iPhone 4) and with my razr I get about 18-23 hrs use out of it. HOWEVER, I live in a 3G only area so that affects it greatly. Yesterday in Chicago I was on 4G and barely made it 8 hrs before being in the red and requiring a charge on the Razr.

So after hitting on those few things, I would say each phone has it positives and negatives. Right now I am happy with the Droid Razr. NOW...... when the new iPhone comes out and has 4G LTE, a bigger screen (minimum of 4") and re-evaluates the 20MB over wifi only requirement, I would definatley go back to it.
    01-07-2012 02:38 PM
    ^^ I like this post. It's a good comparison and I really like what I have seen with widgets from videos and wished iPhone had them.
    0pusX likes this.
    01-07-2012 03:12 PM
    I've been somewhat of a cellphone **** lately, and have gone from an iPhone 4, to a Bionic, back to an iPhone 4, to a Razr, and now to a Nexus. If you're getting an Android phone on VZW, I would recommend the Nexus, but I'd still probably recommend a 4S over any of them, as I'm still considering switching - as long as my wife doesn't beat me. Here's my take on it:

iOS, as everyone on this site knows, is ridiculously stable. If you want a phone that is reliable over anything, you can't go wrong with a 4 or a 4S. The battery is strong, as in, when I had my 4 it would occasionally die after a day of beating the hell out of it, but a charge a night while I was sleeping and I knew I would be solid all day. I've never trusted a phone more than an iPhone in knowing that it will just function like it's supposed to.

On any of my recent LTE Android phones, you're looking at 2-3 charges (or at least partial charges of half an hour or more) to make it through the day. Which is unacceptable. This was even the case for me if I put it in 3G only. The only time it would make it through the day is if I didn't touch it at all - but what's the point in that? That being said, I do really like the Nexus, but I just can't decide if I want to keep it and keep the charge cycle going. It really is a pain. And yes, I had most syncing apps turned off and my battery life was still terrible.

And for those of you lusting after 4G speeds, it's pretty useless. The only thing it's good for is downloading apps and streaming. But it DESTROYS your battery, so you have to be near a charger. It's pointless if you have a solid wi-fi connection, as those speeds are almost the same.

As for the cameras, this is easily iPhone's battle to lose. I've never seen better quality and quicker pictures taken with any phone. The RAZR camera was worse than my old BB Storm's. It was terrible. The colors sucked, it was slow, and I tended to miss the shot by the time it happened. Anyone telling you different is on drugs. Now the Nexus has a better camera, speed-wise, over the RAZR, but the picture quality isn't equal to my iPhone 4.

If you love to tinker, and mess around with your phone, get an Android phone. If you want the stablest of stable phones, go with an iPhone - and you'll still be able to tinker a bit. But just get what you like and be happy with it. There are good aspects and bad aspects to every phone - but I honestly think that iPhone's have the least issues of anything.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
    01-08-2012 02:29 PM
    I'd rather use the original razr then lay my hands on that. I hate android... they wish they have 1/2 of what apple has to offer... enjoy your palm.
    01-08-2012 04:10 PM
    @Wildo6882

I'm in your same boat. With switching between iPhone4s, Nexus and Razr I dont know how much longer my marriage is going to last!! hahahaha
    01-08-2012 08:49 PM
    @Wildo6882

I'm in your same boat. With switching between iPhone4s, Nexus and Razr I dont know how much longer my marriage is going to last!! hahahaha
    Ha, yep. After my most recent switch to the Nexus my wife said I had to keep the phone for at least 6 months (or until she got a new phone, so I offered to buy her a new one right now - haha). But I honestly don't blame her for complaining, I have had 7 phones (counting the current Nexus) since July. It gets a bit expensive.

Back on topic - to reiterate my post, there isn't a perfect phone, but for a phone that does everything pretty damn well, stick to an iPhone. To get a little more bang for your buck on customization, go with Android. And I'm trying to figure out which route I want. Pretty sure if I go 4S, it'll be the last phone I have until contract time in March of 2013...so I gotta make this choice count!
    01-08-2012 11:25 PM
    I too have finally given up and settled with the Android device. I think I decided to do it mostly because I like the ability to customize my screens a bit more. That, and the 20MB d/l over Wifi only, steered me into the Android direction.

I am interested to see what the new iPhone has to offer though....but for now I gave my wife the 4s so I can still play with it whenever I want to.
    01-09-2012 06:05 AM
    ...annnnnnnd not a single @#&% was given.
    verwon likes this.
    01-09-2012 10:16 AM
    And of course as soon as I say I am sticking with the Android device I get "kicked in the balls" by Motorola and they release a "new and improved" version of the phone I have had for ONE week. Its going back tomorrow and I am going back to my iPhone 4s.Motorola has lost all credibility for me now. They literally release a new phone every other month.
    01-09-2012 07:33 PM
    Geez.. is this still going on? Well, I can say one thing about the Android, if you don't like what you have, just wait a couple of months and something slicker and quicker will come out (except for the camera and battery).... but what the hey, you'll have the hottest looking home screen around. Kinda makes me wonder why I prefer the larger apps market and reliability of the iPhone... and oh yeah, I really dig the camera too, But we all know that Android must be better with the constant stream of improved phones (except for... well, you know)...
    BTW, it's always interesting to pop over to the Droid forums and see what they're saying over there. They're such a happy and satisfied group of customers, always having a new toy to look forward to in a month or so...
    01-10-2012 12:11 AM
    I used to love Motorola but this new phone every month stuff is irritating to say the least!! I know nothing is truly future proof but this is too much!!
    01-10-2012 12:19 AM
    I'm actually loving my Galaxy Nexus right now, but my 4S is tempting me to no end. My only real issue is the battery life. Even on 3G it dies in around 12 hours off the charger. The stability, battery life, screen, and camera of the 4S is just sick and really tough to ignore. So I may be jumping ship. At least I'll have the latest and greatest iPhone until October or November.
    0pusX likes this.
    01-10-2012 12:29 PM
    The Motorola Razr is an amazing device, and there's no question that for some tech-oriented people, it will offer things that they can't do on iPhone. But the built-in advantages of Apple cannot be ignored. I had a library of music and apps (from iPad) ALREADY built up before I ever got my iPhone. If you're a customization fiend, then Google is probably the way to go.

But as for the 4G thing, yeah, I was disappointed to hear that 4s wouldn't support it. But then started researching what 4G phones actually work like now, and thinking about my plan. Most people are not on Sprint or do not have huge monthly data plans. 2GB will go in a hurry, and so will 4 or 5GB if you're not paying attention to downloading, streaming, and other usage. Even though this is a "mobile device", I'm using it on WiFi probably 80% of the time at home and work.

And, of course, the RAZR is $299 (vs. $199) on a 2-yr plan and has other drawbacks like battery life, etc. Also (and this is completely anecdotal), Motorola may make some cool phones, but from personal experience and the experience of friend with Droids, there are some serious hardware issues (see: Motorola Razr, 2005 version).
    01-10-2012 02:24 PM
    This is why I'm glad I have the 4S on AT&T getting speeds of near 10Mbps down... No need for LTE yet lol
    01-10-2012 03:54 PM
    The Motorola Razr is an amazing device, and there's no question that for some tech-oriented people, it will offer things that they can't do on iPhone. But the built-in advantages of Apple cannot be ignored. I had a library of music and apps (from iPad) ALREADY built up before I ever got my iPhone. If you're a customization fiend, then Google is probably the way to go.

But as for the 4G thing, yeah, I was disappointed to hear that 4s wouldn't support it. But then started researching what 4G phones actually work like now, and thinking about my plan. Most people are not on Sprint or do not have huge monthly data plans. 2GB will go in a hurry, and so will 4 or 5GB if you're not paying attention to downloading, streaming, and other usage. Even though this is a "mobile device", I'm using it on WiFi probably 80% of the time at home and work.

And, of course, the RAZR is $299 (vs. $199) on a 2-yr plan and has other drawbacks like battery life, etc. Also (and this is completely anecdotal), Motorola may make some cool phones, but from personal experience and the experience of friend with Droids, there are some serious hardware issues (see: Motorola Razr, 2005 version).
    In my experience with 4G I've noticed that it is really only useful for three things: 1) streaming video or music; 2) downloading a lot of apps real quick; and 3) sucking the life out of your battery.

In all the 4G Android devices I've used (Bionic, Razr, Nexus) I've always turned it off when I wasn't using it. When trying to decide if I want to use my Nexus or 4S, 4G doesn't even come into the equation because it really is a non issue. Yeah it's cool, but you can't leave it on unless you are at a chsrger all day long.
    01-10-2012 09:00 PM
    It's like bragging about having a sports car with tons of power that can only drive 5 miles on a tank of gas...good luck with all that, i'll stick with my iPhone.
    hoosieriphone likes this.
    01-11-2012 08:39 AM
    I have no idea about that . please explain it briefly
    01-12-2012 02:43 AM
    It's like bragging about having a sports car with tons of power that can only drive 5 miles on a tank of gas...good luck with all that, i'll stick with my iPhone.
    Lmao... I might have to steal this sometime
    01-12-2012 02:46 AM
    I loved my EVO 4G and especially the 4G speed. Battery drain was not really an issue because I was using a Siedio 3500 extended battery. Furthermore, battery drain due to the use of 4G was evident in areas where there was little 4G coverage. Battery drainage in areas where there was great 4G coverage, at least in my experience, was not as prevalent. Still, I found that 3G speeds here in Orlando is sufficient for my usage and thus is a nonissue in regard to how well the iPhone 4S performs even though it lacks LTE/4G ability. I'm not an Apple fanboy and I have had no allegiance to any device except Blackberry devices a few years back. Android devices can do much more than the current crop of iPhones, however, the simplicity, ability to go from one one iOS device to the other with ease and my investment into Apple products (iPhone 4S, iPad 2, MacBook as well as software & apps) makes it a no-brained for me.
    01-12-2012 12:55 PM
    In my experience with 4G I've noticed that it is really only useful for three things: 1) streaming video or music; 2) downloading a lot of apps real quick; and 3) sucking the life out of your battery.

In all the 4G Android devices I've used (Bionic, Razr, Nexus) I've always turned it off when I wasn't using it. When trying to decide if I want to use my Nexus or 4S, 4G doesn't even come into the equation because it really is a non issue. Yeah it's cool, but you can't leave it on unless you are at a chsrger all day long.
    That's a pretty good analogy. And items #1 and #2 are things that I pretty much exclusively do over WiFi anyway, not so much because of speed but because I don't want to use that much cellular data, irrespective of speed. And WiFi is EVERYWHERE nowadays.

If I'm at a barber shop or somewhere where the internet connection prevents me from being really bored, it's not going to really bother me that my web page took 10-15 seconds to load instead of 5 seconds. Yes, we all want the latest and greatest, and I'm sure 4G will be the standard by the time I buy my next (Apple?) phone, but that doesn't mean I have to have it now.
    01-12-2012 02:29 PM
    I loved my EVO 4G and especially the 4G speed. Battery drain was not really an issue because I was using a Siedio 3500 extended battery.
    I had an extended battery on my Droid thae last 6 months or so that I used it. Made the phone much thicker and eliminated using a belt holster, a pain in the anatomy to say the least. Before the extended battery, I had difficulty getting the Doid to last a full day, which isnot a problem with the 4s and it's much more compact. Nope, don't need a sports car tha goes really, really fast, but fo only 5 miles. Deffinately well describes the Android battery culture.

I find it intersesting that the Android format does have more capibilities (mostly bells and whistles), but I use my iPhone much more frequently and for more things. In short, for me it has a lot more real time usefulness that the Android had.
    01-13-2012 12:20 PM
    actually thats about right. my 450 horsepower mustang is about 12 miles to the gallon
    01-18-2012 03:31 AM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD