Unlocked GSM iPhone 4S:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I was in the mall this evening so I did stop into T-Mobile to find out how much they were. The rep said they were $20 so I left without getting one. I figure I can easily get a T-Mobile micro sim card from eBay for less than $5 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Yes they are 20 bucks but I am surprised they were going to charge you. I just went in and asked and they gave it to me. Maybe try another store? I bought a SIM cutter a while back before T-Mobile sold these and the cut was crappy and the contact in the tray was poor.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I JB and unlocked my 3GS almost a year ago and was able to get the correct APN settings for T-Mobile by going to "unlockit.com" from safari, hit continue, custom APN, and select T-Mobile as the carrier from the drop down box. Follow the instructions. The last step is to go to the network settings and change T-Mobile for the network settings.... This worked for me so I'm thinking it should get MMS working for you as well. Let us know.

Right, when you JAILBREAK. For someone who is going stock and plugs in the settings found all over the internet, it does nothing. I dont get it either.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes they are 20 bucks but I am surprised they were going to charge you. I just went in and asked and they gave it to me. Maybe try another store? I bought a SIM cutter a while back before T-Mobile sold these and the cut was crappy and the contact in the tray was poor.

I think the T-Mobile stores in my area are hurting for business because there never seems to be anyone in their stores, so I think no matter which one I go to they would not give me a free micro sim. I'm not even going to try and cut my regular T-Mobile sim down to size as I've tried this with sim cards before and could never get them right.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought of one more question. Will the factory unlocked 4S work with AT&T's HSPA+ ?

snowbutterfly

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
APN settings

Hey Irish Rose,

I also have an unlocked iPhone 4s and a pre=paid AT &T sim. In order for me to get the data working, I have to plug in the APN carrier settings. Another forum somewhere had pointed me towards unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ World Wide Mobile Phone Settings

There you can find many different carriers. If you visit www unlockit.co.nz (Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone) from your iPhone it will do an automatic setup.

I now switch between Rogers (my main carrier) to AT & T when I need to. :D

Just as a heads up - also when installing the SIM, make sure to give it a full minute or two for the SIM to register. I've freaked out a couple of times when the phone keeps "searching" for the carrier thinking the SIM isn't taking, but eventually it finds the carrier.

Congrats on the new unlocked iPhone! :D

(Sorry for the non-direct links, forum won't let me post full URLs just yet.)

Reactions: Eileen89

snowbutterfly

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Cancelling Rogers

I want to buy an iphone4 unlocked, cancel rogers account, then go shopping for a data plan. Is this possible with a phone like an ipad.

Hey ranallyons - Are you still on a contract with Rogers? Just watch out if you have to pay an early cancellation fee.

I chose to buy unlocked Rogers because they wanted to charge me $350 early upgrade fee on top of the cost of the new hardware upgrade and yet another activation fee. This would be close to $800 including tax, so Apple's unlocked iPhone 4S was easily a better option for close to the same amount.

I don't know about the plans with iPad - but I would think it works the same way.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There you can find many different carriers. If you visit www unlockit.co.nz (Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone) from your iPhone it will do an automatic setup.

I just went to this URL from safari on my iPhone 4 and it said the server could not be found. Does this only work if you're jailbroken?

snowbutterfly

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
DIY Microsim

I think the T-Mobile stores in my area are hurting for business because there never seems to be anyone in their stores, so I think no matter which one I go to they would not give me a free micro sim. I'm not even going to try and cut my regular T-Mobile sim down to size as I've tried this with sim cards before and could never get them right.

I totally thought I would botch the DIY microsim process but it's not that bad. I used this template:
stochasticgeometry.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DIY_microsim.pdf

(via youtube.com/watch?v=6B0G_qjebJY)

snowbutterfly

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I just went to this URL from safari on my iPhone 4 and it said the server could not be found. Does this only work if you're jailbroken?

I had to leave the period from in between the www
go to www-unlockit.co.nz

(but replace the dash with a ".")

It should redirect to the "APN changer" setup pages on your iPhone. I just tried it again now...

(No jailbreaking necessary.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to leave the period from in between the www
go to www-unlockit.co.nz

(but replace the dash with a ".")

It should redirect to the "APN changer" setup pages on your iPhone. I just tried it again now...

(No jailbreaking necessary.)

Thanks! This worked perfectly. I did leave out the . before as I just copy and pasted the link to my browser.

6c2478a7-8bc2-5b50.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR