Hello,
    I just bought an iPhone 4S through Sprint, I activated it with a new phone number, as I am a former At&t customer, I still also have my At&t service active, I am eligible for an upgrade, as I am in month 18 of the contract, although, I am unsure of if I will be sent a early termination fee for porting my number to my new iPhone 4S through Sprint. Even though I am eligible for an upgrade, can I still leave the carrier?
    12-23-2011 08:03 PM
    Hello,
    I just bought an iPhone 4S through Sprint, I activated it with a new phone number, as I am a former At&t customer, I still also have my At&t service active, I am eligible for an upgrade, as I am in month 18 of the contract, although, I am unsure of if I will be sent a early termination fee for porting my number to my new iPhone 4S through Sprint. Even though I am eligible for an upgrade, can I still leave the carrier?

Based on this you will still pay an ETF if you don't fulfill the contract

AT&T An Open Letter
    12-23-2011 08:23 PM
    You are elegible to get a discounted price phone but you're still under contract so yes, you will be charged an ETF fee
    12-24-2011 07:31 AM
    I'm curious to know why you didn't just wait for your upgrade and get the iPhone 4S from AT&T? Yes, you'll pay an ETF for not completing the two years, but it won't be as high as you might think. It's worth it to leave AT&T, in my opinion. The "20 seconds" extra speed of their LTE network isn't worth going over your capped data plan limit there. Admittedly 3G isn't as fast but on Sprint, it is unlimited and the battery life is better.
    12-24-2011 08:24 AM
    I just came back to att from sprint. I hated sprint. But you take off ten dollars a month from when you started you contract.
    12-24-2011 10:05 AM
    Way to just act without doing your research, your life must be an ongoing disaster...
    12-24-2011 10:47 AM
    Thanks for treating everyone stupid. There is a reason I bought the iPhone, it was for my son. DON'T try to act like you know me. I asked a simple question, I didn't need your un-needed commentary. Thanks to everyone that did answer appropriately. Oh, and thanks for explaining that my life is an 'ongoing disaster' I'm sure yours isn't any better.
    12-24-2011 12:57 PM
    The Jag parked in my drive begs to differ....
    12-24-2011 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD