Best way to disinfect an iPhone?

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Wondering what is the best way to disinfect an iPhone. Not interested in just cleaning it with moist cloth. How do I remove germs etc.... safely. Thanks.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Wondering what e best way is to disinfect an iPhone. Not interested in just cleaning it with moist cloth. How do I remove germs etc.... safely. Thanks.

its glass it does have a olephobic coating that could be harmed by using some cleaners so whatever you end up deciding be careful

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Apple recommends: Don't use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPhone.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
its glass it does have a olephobic coating that could be harmed by using some cleaners so whatever you end up deciding be careful

Yes, I know about the sensitivity to cleaners. That is why I ask. Its a good thing to know during the cold/flu season. Thanks.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a hard case on it? I have sprayed lysol on a paper towel and wiped the case, the phone and the screen down. I do have a screen protector and a hard case on it though.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't share your phone and avoid the issue. I don't set mine down anywhere, or let anyone else use it.

There's only one person I'd trust with it, anyway.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know about the sensitivity to cleaners. That is why I ask. Its a good thing to know during the cold/flu season. Thanks.
Didn't you ask this question on MacRumors? Under a different name? Just asking cause it seems rather unlikely that the same question pops up twice in one week and it not be the same person

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
No, I didnt. I would think this would be a very common question.
How to disinfect phones? Idk where your phone is going, but mine is going nowhere that I feel it needs to be disinfected... wiped down with my shirt maybe, but disinfected? Nope. I wouldn't be wiping down electronics with alcohol or other solvents that disinfect... seems damaging. Maybe I'm the minority and just don't know it...

boxer

May 11, 2009
Visit site
disinfectant cleaner

Check out zagg.com for their foaming, disnifecting cleanser for smartphones and other electronic gadgets. It should be safe and fine to use. I can certainly see the need for this at times. I've also seen this cleaner by Zagg at Best Buy.

d0ster

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How to disinfect phones? Idk where your phone is going, but mine is going nowhere that I feel it needs to be disinfected... wiped down with my shirt maybe, but disinfected? Nope. I wouldn't be wiping down electronics with alcohol or other solvents that disinfect... seems damaging. Maybe I'm the minority and just don't know it...

I understand where the OP is coming from. Germs can get spread around very easily no matter how careful you are. Example you use a door knob to a restaurant, a person with a cold opens the same door before you, then you proceed to use your phone afterwards. Maybe I'm just a germaphobe lol.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
You never get sick? You wear gloves all day? Don't touch anything in public?

I'm a heart patient and have to be very careful, I have no choice. I'm not going to say I never get sick, but it happens very rarely.

And no, I don't touch much in public, anywhere!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, if you don't have a case on the phone I'd put one on, based on your concerns. Then you can at least disinfect everything except the screen without harming the device. Then, I'd look into a screen protector and check on the disinfecting rules for them before purchasing.

Seems like a valid concern. Anyone who thinks they're phone isn't germ-ridden is delusional.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
You never get sick? You wear gloves all day? Don't touch anything in public?
Good point, you dont have to let others use your cellphone to get germs but I think we are overreacting here, just clean it regularly and forget about it.
I use the alcohol free sunglass cleaner from walmart and it works pretty good

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Wondering what is the best way to disinfect an iPhone. Not interested in just cleaning it with moist cloth. How do I remove germs etc.... safely. Thanks.

Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer around and don't ever let anyone use it.. Mine stays inside of an Otterbox Defender case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh