As always, I've gotta recommend SquareTrade. They are reliable, efficient (yes, I've used them!) and they offer great promotions.

Welcome to SquareTrade! - Referral Discounts | SquareTrade | SquareTrade Warranties
    12-24-2011 12:53 PM
    Is that $50 to $60 a year for the phone alone on top of your regular policy? I'm pretty sure I pay $75/year for renters insurance and $30,000 of coverage.
    Yes, I've had to use it twice ... Once for leaving my device behind somewhere and once for my gf's being stolen while leaving work ...

It's worth every penny...
    12-24-2011 12:59 PM
    No insurance. First time I've never had insurance on my phone. I was afraid it first,but now.....I'm ok with it.
    12-24-2011 01:20 PM
    AppleCare + costs only $99 for 2 years. That is just $4.125/month!!! AND, you get phone technical support for 2 years as well as replacing your phone twice for damage (max of $49 if replacement required). I know you all may not need Tech Support, but this is my 1st iPhone so...

For $4/month, well worth it, IMO.
    12-24-2011 01:47 PM
    No insurance for me, which is funny because I'm an insurance sales person.lol. But I figure I switch devices so often that it would be a waste of money. I'll probably get the next iPhone, so I don't want insurance for a couple years on a device I probably won't have more than a year.
    12-24-2011 01:53 PM
    applecare+, verizon insurance is way over priced
    12-24-2011 02:29 PM
    No didnt buy it....yet i might
    12-24-2011 05:33 PM
    I did not buy insurance. Last week I broke my iPhone 4, which was out of warranty by 5 months. I took it to the Genius Bar and they gave me a new one (not refurb) with 16 GB for $149 with no contract and a 90-day warranty.

What would it have cost me to buy inusrance and pay a deductable?

By the time the new warranty expires, that line will be eligible for an upgrade.
    12-24-2011 05:39 PM
    Is anyone brave enough to use there iPhone without any type of insurance or AppleCare??
    Not here. Some do. Subjective matter.
    12-24-2011 06:32 PM
    I did not buy insurance. Last week I broke my iPhone 4, which was out of warranty by 5 months. I took it to the Genius Bar and they gave me a new one (not refurb) with 16 GB for $149 with no contract and a 90-day warranty.

What would it have cost me to buy inusrance and pay a deductable?

By the time the new warranty expires, that line will be eligible for an upgrade.
    $99 for the SquareTrade warranty. That's still a $50 savings. No deductible.
    12-24-2011 09:39 PM
    No insurance here
    12-25-2011 11:31 AM
    I use my home owners insurance.
    12-25-2011 12:08 PM
    I have Verizon TEC, Kinda expensive but if something ever happened to my phone it would cost alot more. I would have chosen Apple Care + but the closest Apple store to me is over 300 miles away.
    12-25-2011 04:46 PM
    at&t insurance just in case it's lost or stolen.
    12-26-2011 03:49 AM
    Is anyone brave enough to use there iPhone without any type of insurance or AppleCare??

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I use my iPhone without insurance. I did get insurance (which was £15 per month) from my mobile operator when I got my first iPhone, but I had it for six months and thought that I'm just paying money for nothing, so I cancelled it and haven't regretted it.

My opinion on this subject is this. If you take care of your iPhone and don't live in an area that is a robbery hotspot, then there's not much point in having insurance in my opinion. I think a lot of these iPhone insurance's are greatly overpriced and are just cashing in on peoples fear of dropping there iPhone mostly. There's only you that can answer the points I mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph, but personally if you are careful and don't live in a robbery hotspot, then I wouldn't bother.

I look at it this way too:

If I had been paying insurance at £15 per month for the last 3 years, that would have cost £540. Now even after this time I have never needed or wanted insurance. Has time goes on the cost would soon reach the cost of a new iPhone, which is a lot of money to pay out and not need it.
    12-27-2011 03:02 AM
    applecare+, verizon insurance is way over priced
    i have both, and your right VzW's is way over priced($9.99mthly with a $189(?)ded) but AC+ does NOT cover lost/stolen phones, hence my ONLY reason i have that as well. I have considered dropping the VzW ins tho. Idk what i'll do with it right now so i'm just leaving it alone.
    12-27-2011 08:45 AM
    Believe it or not...My 12 yr old daughter dropped her new iP4 into my mug of coffee. That was on christmas morning !!!!! We took out insurance when we got it. Went to the Apple store in Indy and got a new one.
    12-27-2011 10:07 AM
    I got VZW insurance on mine, I like to have my gadgets insured in-case of mishaps!
    12-27-2011 10:10 AM
    Nope. Not worth it unless you're extremely clumsy.
    Not necessarily.

As it's been said, **** happens. I'd much rather pay the $169 deductable that Vzw charges than pay for an iPhone off contract from Verizon.
    12-27-2011 11:44 AM
    I didn't get insurance by default I was told sprint charges automatically but they didn't and when I realized it; it was too late to take the phone to Apple

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-27-2011 12:13 PM
    i have both, and your right VzW's is way over priced($9.99mthly with a $189(?)ded) but AC+ does NOT cover lost/stolen phones, hence my ONLY reason i have that as well. I have considered dropping the VzW ins tho. Idk what i'll do with it right now so i'm just leaving it alone.
    Most homeowners/renters policies you can issue for full retail no deductible for lost/stolen no deductible ... $50-60 a year ... Have mine insured for full retail + the case + screen protectors lol some 2 worth ... Much cheaper
    12-27-2011 12:18 PM
    Most homeowners/renters policies you can issue for full retail no deductible for lost/stolen no deductible ... $50-60 a year ... Have mine insured for full retail + the case + screen protectors lol some 2 worth ... Much cheaper
    With most homeowners policies, you want to avoid filing claims with if at all possible. This is meant for insuring your house, not cheap gadgets. All claims go in their data base that other insurers can see.

It may be cheap, but consider the risks.
    12-27-2011 12:24 PM
    Here in Ontario home insurance claims affect your rates for 5 years. And a lot of companies won't even insure you if you have had such a claim. So definitely be careful when making these kind of claims.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-27-2011 09:20 PM
    I never needed insurance.
    12-28-2011 11:02 AM
    no here..
    12-28-2011 10:08 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD