With or Without Insurance

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
nope no insurance. Att only started offering smart phone ins again last year i think. When they offered it to me with the 4s i turned it down cuz the copay is 200 bucks! whats the friggin point! add up the copay plus the monthly fees is just as much as getting a new one. I'm super careful with my phone.

mtv757#AC

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
bought apple care on mine cuz the fist time i bought a smartphone 2 years ago the seccond day i had it had an incident at work where a above ground pool broke and flooded my phone.

alphalife

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my insurance through Securranty. It covers loss, theft, and accidental damage. There is a 50 dollar deductible and it costs 100 bucks for two years of coverage.

I would definitely rather be safe than sorry with this one. Seems like a no brainer.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Is that $50 to $60 a year for the phone alone on top of your regular policy? I'm pretty sure I pay $75/year for renters insurance and $30,000 of coverage.

Yes, I've had to use it twice ... Once for leaving my device behind somewhere and once for my gf's being stolen while leaving work ...

It's worth every penny...

mike5

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
AppleCare + costs only $99 for 2 years. That is just $4.125/month!!! AND, you get phone technical support for 2 years as well as replacing your phone twice for damage (max of $49 if replacement required). I know you all may not need Tech Support, but this is my 1st iPhone so...

For $4/month, well worth it, IMO.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
No insurance for me, which is funny because I'm an insurance sales person.lol. But I figure I switch devices so often that it would be a waste of money. I'll probably get the next iPhone, so I don't want insurance for a couple years on a device I probably won't have more than a year.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I did not buy insurance. Last week I broke my iPhone 4, which was out of warranty by 5 months. I took it to the Genius Bar and they gave me a new one (not refurb) with 16 GB for $149 with no contract and a 90-day warranty.

What would it have cost me to buy inusrance and pay a deductable?

By the time the new warranty expires, that line will be eligible for an upgrade.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I did not buy insurance. Last week I broke my iPhone 4, which was out of warranty by 5 months. I took it to the Genius Bar and they gave me a new one (not refurb) with 16 GB for $149 with no contract and a 90-day warranty.

What would it have cost me to buy inusrance and pay a deductable?

By the time the new warranty expires, that line will be eligible for an upgrade.

$99 for the SquareTrade warranty. That's still a $50 savings. No deductible.

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon TEC, Kinda expensive but if something ever happened to my phone it would cost alot more. I would have chosen Apple Care + but the closest Apple store to me is over 300 miles away.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone brave enough to use there iPhone without any type of insurance or AppleCare??

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I use my iPhone without insurance. I did get insurance (which was £15 per month) from my mobile operator when I got my first iPhone, but I had it for six months and thought that I'm just paying money for nothing, so I cancelled it and haven't regretted it.

My opinion on this subject is this. If you take care of your iPhone and don't live in an area that is a robbery hotspot, then there's not much point in having insurance in my opinion. I think a lot of these iPhone insurance's are greatly overpriced and are just cashing in on peoples fear of dropping there iPhone mostly. There's only you that can answer the points I mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph, but personally if you are careful and don't live in a robbery hotspot, then I wouldn't bother.

I look at it this way too:

If I had been paying insurance at £15 per month for the last 3 years, that would have cost £540. Now even after this time I have never needed or wanted insurance. Has time goes on the cost would soon reach the cost of a new iPhone, which is a lot of money to pay out and not need it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2